FFXIV:ARR might make it's way to the X1

#1LapanuiPosted 6/12/2014 6:43:00 AM
http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/129355-final-fantasy-xiv-could-be-coming-to-xbox-one-after-all-yoshida-confirms-microsoft-talks?utm_source=pocketlint&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss

The decision hasn't been made yet, but according to this article, they are in with MS in getting FFXIV to Xbox One. They just have to convince them that cross-platform play is the way to go.

I played the original FFXIV on PC from the beta and about a month of the release and it was lacking a lot of content and wasn't optimized at all.

Played a bit of the beta for A Real Reborn and it was 1000 times better. I was going to wait till I got a PS4 to get ARR, but I might just wait it out a little longer to get it on the X1.

Anyone else interested in this game? Hopefully MS drop the Gold requirement for this game like they did for FFXI on the 360.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#2Dev445Posted 6/12/2014 6:45:33 AM
Don't really care for this game, but if it comes to XB1 cool. I'm waiting on FFXV, KH3 and type 0
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#3RockguyKevPosted 6/12/2014 6:46:06 AM
I played the ARR beta and found it lifeless, uninteresting and way too focused on single player content. So, basically like every MMO I've tried in the last five years.

I never should have quit FFXI...

I'm tempted to jump back in and play it again now that it has been up for awhile but I just can't justify the cost. Putting it on X1 might be enough to get me back in.
#4EnclavePosted 6/12/2014 6:51:29 AM
I played ARR and it was fantastic. This is only a good thing. Hope Microsoft agrees to allowing cross platform play. It's stupid to disallow it in the first place.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#5Bestia_SomniaPosted 6/12/2014 6:51:49 AM
RockguyKev posted...
I played the ARR beta and found it lifeless, uninteresting and way too focused on single player content. So, basically like every MMO I've tried in the last five years.

I never should have quit FFXI...

I'm tempted to jump back in and play it again now that it has been up for awhile but I just can't justify the cost. Putting it on X1 might be enough to get me back in.

Too focused on singleplayer content? Wut?
---
FFXIV (Moogle); Join the KUPO Free Company - One of the top ranked FCs of the server (http://kupofc.eu)
#6DyingPancakePosted 6/12/2014 6:52:57 AM
I don't think I could invest the time needed for this game, but I would like the option

Hopefully it happens
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 1
#7DoukouPosted 6/12/2014 7:15:13 AM(edited)
Meh, Played it and it was pretty much WoW Final Fantasty style, except the world is more pretty and less explorable.
---
Don't read this sig.
Behold Mumashika, The Japanese horse deer demon http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/46/Mumashika.jpg
#8darkshadowmasterPosted 6/12/2014 7:15:25 AM
RockguyKev posted...
I played the ARR beta and found it lifeless, uninteresting and way too focused on single player content.

Granted maybe it was different in the beta but the game actually forces you to join MP to advance the story.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#9Jedi454Posted 6/12/2014 7:20:34 AM
If this game was F2P, i'd definitely pick it up for Ps3.
---
Owner of: Ps3/ 360/ XB1/ Aesthetic mind
#10Anon_OmissPosted 6/12/2014 7:28:50 AM
I love this game. I already have it for both PC and PS4 (and even PS3), but it'd be cool to be on XB1, too.