The PS4 is no better or worse than the Xbox-one (long read)

#1grampamurkedPosted 6/12/2014 6:46:29 AM
I have both systems. Many of the same games on both systems. While playing those games there is literally nothing to differentiate one from the other. The Xbox has a few more cool apps but I'm sure Sony will get them soon enough.

IMO the advantage that the 360 had over the PS3 is all but gone as far as options & functionality. I have played both systems extensively and other than the controllers the experience is identical.

I don't really play with any particular group of people so at this point I can't really decide which system to go with for multiplats. I read all the 1080p nonsense and decided to go with the PS4 but after comparing the two there is little noticeable difference. Without having both running side by side you would never know there were any differences.

Having said that I have noticed some nasty framerate issues with CODGhosts on the PS4. They aren't like the normal slow downs that I've experienced in the past with other games and I'm not quite sure what to attribute it too.

Anyhow, after sinking a lengthy amout of time into both new systems I can categorically say that all the current "my console is superior" posts & threads are either pure trolling or the person posting simply has no idea what they're talking about.
In the end all the talk about superior stats on the PS4, while technically true, has not materialized into anything that the average user will notice.
---
Xbox GT: Grampa Murked U Steam ID: grampamurkedu PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU
#2MixorzPosted 6/12/2014 6:49:00 AM
That isn't really a long read.
---
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
Currently Playing: Titanfall, Killer Instinct, Dark Souls II
#3grampamurked(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 6:50:42 AM
Mixorz posted...
That isn't really a long read.

I had more to say but I didn't want to start rambling or repeating things.
---
#4carljenkPosted 6/12/2014 6:51:57 AM
What advantage did the 360 have over the PS3? RRoD? "Exclusives" that made their way to the PS3?
#5GuiltySoul2005Posted 6/12/2014 6:52:33 AM
So you're saying you can't tell a difference between 720p and 1080p? wtf?

Also, LOL at long read...
---
PSN: Bigboss-x
#6kcypher2000Posted 6/12/2014 6:53:53 AM
I own both and the xbox is clearly superior for me. It has the games AND the features. Ps4 has so little going for it that ponies get excited when it adds features xbox already had like upload studio.

My gripe is that sony still is playing catch up with games.

Only games for 2013 and 2014 are:
Knack
Drive club (maybe)
Killzone
Infamous

Not like 2015 is much better either.

Order (looks bad so far)
UC4 (i will rent this)
Bloodborne (niche title)
#7grampamurked(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 6:55:41 AM
carljenk posted...
What advantage did the 360 have over the PS3? RRoD? "Exclusives" that made their way to the PS3?

A stable online
Party options
Chat outside of game options
Controller
Apps apps & more apps
A game invite system that didn't suck
---
#8Sevi_neyPosted 6/12/2014 6:55:48 AM
I agree with kcypher2000

oh wait

no I don't
---
http://imgur.com/8nh2xDC
#9il_capitanoPosted 6/12/2014 7:02:08 AM
Bloodborne niche title? ahahhahahahahahahahah
---
Farewell MGO, the first love will never be forgotten. 06/12/12
No to: season/online passes,on disc dlc,COD,EA,f2p,MMORPGs,MOBAs,streamers and YT celebrities.
#10nableetPosted 6/12/2014 7:03:21 AM
Number of posts kcrypher has made without using the word pony or ponies = 3

Number of posts kcrypher has made using the word pony or ponies = 747484848
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff