Final Fantasy XIV could be coming to Xbox One after all

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Final Fantasy XIV could be coming to Xbox One after all
1 year ago#1
Yoshida confirms meeting with Microsoft.

Although reports circulated last year claiming that Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will never be released for Xbox One or Xbox 360, Pocket-lint has found out otherwise.

"We really want to do an Xbox One version," he said. "As a big Xbox player myself.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/129355-final-fantasy-xiv-could-be-coming-to-xbox-one-after-all-yoshida-confirms-microsoft-talks?utm_source=pocketlint&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss

More good news for gamers after E3.

-
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
(edited by Exodus_Prime)
1 year ago#2
I'm not impressed until I can play this on the original Xbox with a duke.
---
Owner of: Ps3/ 360/ XB1/ Aesthetic mind
1 year ago#3
Jedi454 posted...
I'm not impressed until I can play this on the original Xbox with a duke.

That comment made me think of True Fantasy Live Online.....I was sooooo looking forward to that game.
---
Steam, PSN, XBL & Nintendo ID: OmegaBlades
3DS: 1032-1408-2462
1 year ago#4
Oh no not the duke lol
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
(message deleted)
1 year ago#6
Exodus_Prime posted...
Oh no not the duke lol

---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, Dark Souls 1&2, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
1 year ago#7
This would be a major plus for the Xbox One. I've been playing FFXI on-line for 9 years now. If FFXIV is half the game that FFXI is, then it should be great. I guarantee you that Phil Spencer had something to do with this if this does in fact becomes a reality. He's looking out for us, the gamers.
(edited by Hucast9)
1 year ago#8
It might be coming to Xbox because of the changes in Live.

Previously you could not use any online service without paying (including Netflix... lol)

Now that it has changed, there is a reason to go to Xbox now.
1 year ago#9
He has always wanted the game on xbox, it doesnt mean microsoft have agreed, they refused before.
1 year ago#10
chasempayne posted...
It might be coming to Xbox because of the changes in Live.

Previously you could not use any online service without paying (including Netflix... lol)

Now that it has changed, there is a reason to go to Xbox now.

That is not what kept FFXIV from coming to the Xbox360 or Xbox One.

The reason why it didn't because Xbox Live doesn't integrate with other services well. FFXIV is cross platform and cross server for the PC, PS3 and PS4 versions. All the communities can play together.

Xbox Live is restrictive and why many MMO games were cancelled on the Xbox 360. This hasn't changed for the Xbox One. The only MMO that got an exception was FFXI. MS hasn't made exceptions since then.
---
Currently Playing: FFXIV ARR, FFXHD, Spelunky, Infamous SS
PSN/XBL : VietOne
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Final Fantasy XIV could be coming to Xbox One after all

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived