talking in co-op or a multiplayer match ( E3 related )

#1lninjasoniclPosted 6/12/2014 10:05:15 AM
Watching the video for games like Destiny and Rainbow Six at E3, I find it funny how the people playing the game talk to eachother. I know it's to really sell the product and make it tense or whatever, but how many people really talk that way in real life?

If my friends and I play a game we are talking about some random BS with an occasional game related " over here" or " help" or something like that.

The people at E3 are playing like they are really in that house trying to get that girl!
---
In High School I was voted most appropriate.
#2_Doomguy_Posted 6/12/2014 10:09:02 AM
I used to with my friends. Now they're all gone....
#3slowdog76Posted 6/12/2014 10:09:24 AM
it's a bit OTT. however, competitive gamers will talk a tiny bit like that. only with more swearing and complaining about hit detection, sponging and lag
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#4NCPwnPosted 6/12/2014 10:12:30 AM
That's why games like Awesomenauts is the best playing online with friends locally. So much fun.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
The Last of Us, NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#5TheMuffinPosted 6/12/2014 10:15:18 AM
_Doomguy_ posted...

Same.
---
MonicasBack ~This is an interesting topic, I could imagine my mom or someone else who has zero knowledge of games making it.
#6lninjasonicl(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 10:22:29 AM
_Doomguy_ posted...

O_o

I hope you mean they all bought PS4's.....
---
In High School I was voted most appropriate.
#7MRL3G3NDPosted 6/12/2014 10:35:20 AM
http://youtu.be/L9Uw7f7_m8I

You have to find people who play just like you.

The most fun you have in a game is when you take it seriously...the tension of no respawn, and moving tactically right have you at the edge of your seat.

It a higher level of immersion and fun that has been lost with todays games (console).

right now it's die spawn die spawn die spawn...and if you kill some people that's cool too...but it's highly unrealistic...no one cares if they die so they do stupid risky stuff...and no one is paying attention enough to call out anything

in PVP; the team that communicates the most will always dominate the other team...1 squad communicating on a BF4 team can turn the tide...whats funny is everything is there to coordinate attacks...but people are shy introverted lonewolfs...the game becomes 10x's more fun when you have someone watching your back calling out things
---
The Rolling Stones vs BF4
http://youtu.be/DtySF3ZJBjc
#8TheMuffinPosted 6/12/2014 12:56:48 PM
lninjasonicl posted...
_Doomguy_ posted...

O_o

I hope you mean they all bought PS4's.....

He probably means that they've moved away from gaming in their lives or play different things now. It's happened with me and I'm a little sad about it. I used to have a good group of around 8-12 people I could always look to for playing with. That list has dwindled to 2. 3 in a good month. So many people have just moved on for various reasons. Most with no explanation or reason though.
---
MonicasBack ~This is an interesting topic, I could imagine my mom or someone else who has zero knowledge of games making it.