Apparently the Destiny Playstation content will only be a 'timed exclusive'

#31youngskillzPosted 6/12/2014 8:58:22 PM
TheTrueAmerican posted...
newbie2007 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
jairusmonillas posted...
Destiny is superior on PS4 anyway so what's the big deal?

Fanboys crack me up, graphical advantages didn't matter in the Ps2, GC, Xbox era, even though games looked a lot worse on Ps2, but they suddenly matter now. Just play games and don't reassure yourself about which console has the best version of a game.

Graphics didn't matter during the PS2 area because 50% of the games are released for PS2 only. Gamers realistically had no choice but to buy a ps2. It matters now because 95% of games are multi-platform. With the same game library, gamers have a choice to choose the console has better playing experience.

Ridiculous.

why?

is it wrong to prefer the superior version of a game?
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Arch Enemy, Aborted, Eye of the Enemy, The Wake, Exhortation, Deals Death, Mechanical God Creation, Fractal Gates, Destinity, Isolated.
#32VoidBeyondPosted 6/12/2014 9:22:25 PM
youngskillz posted...
newbie2007 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
jairusmonillas posted...

Fanboys crack me up, graphical advantages didn't matter in the Ps2, GC, Xbox era, even though games looked a lot worse on Ps2, but they suddenly matter now. Just play games and don't reassure yourself about which console has the best version of a game.

Graphics didn't matter during the PS2 area because 50% of the games are released for PS2 only. Gamers realistically had no choice but to buy a ps2. It matters now because 95% of games are multi-platform. With the same game library, gamers have a choice to choose the console has better playing experience.

Ridiculous.

why?

Except both versions of Destiny are exactly the same, so.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//Steam: Soontowait
FC: 2981-6641-9175//NNID: RaptorCats//Origin: SecondcityTakk
#33SomboSteelPosted 6/12/2014 9:22:31 PM
Izraeil posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...
None of this exclusive stuff is ever important anyway.

This too. The only exclusive feature I found interesting is the Far Cry 4 Co op on PS4.

It's just a short trial for the other guy
#34DojoMaxPosted 6/12/2014 9:24:20 PM
streamjumper posted...
Timed exclusivity, especially timed exclusivity on additional content...

Isn't this something Microsoft usually gets lambasted about?

---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than XBone.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin:DojoMax
#35DojoMaxPosted 6/12/2014 9:25:36 PM
Hmmm... timed exclusive content... + graphics parity.... hmmm

PS4 version superior based on the fact that it's the PS4 version? Or did I miss something.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than XBone.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin:DojoMax
#36TheTrueAmericanPosted 6/12/2014 9:28:37 PM
youngskillz posted...
newbie2007 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
jairusmonillas posted...

Ridiculous.

why?

I only got a few games for my first to break ps2 while my dreamcast, gamecube and xbox all have wonderful libraries. Now I play on the PC which is vastly superior to the ps4.
#37PominAusPosted 6/12/2014 9:45:27 PM(edited)
DojoMax posted...
Hmmm... timed exclusive content... + graphics parity.... hmmm

PS4 version superior based on the fact that it's the PS4 version? Or did I miss something.

I think Bungie is 'targeting' 1080p, we can't say for certain that both will be 1080p/30fps until it's announced. It would be remiss to not factor in that PS4 will have the larger player base given the size of the install base compared to the X1 (though I'm sure both platforms will have ample players), plus there is the marketing that's focused on the PS4 version.

Edit: personally I wouldn't lose too much sleep over the X1 being 900/30 just as long as they make use of the impulse triggers.
#38IzraeilPosted 6/12/2014 9:43:29 PM
SomboSteel posted...
Izraeil posted...

This too. The only exclusive feature I found interesting is the Far Cry 4 Co op on PS4.

You got link to that, from what I understand you can invite anyone to play co op with you wheather they own the game or not without any time limits.
#39SomboSteelPosted 6/12/2014 9:50:38 PM
Izraeil posted...
SomboSteel posted...
Izraeil posted...

You got link to that, from what I understand you can invite anyone to play co op with you wheather they own the game or not without any time limits.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2014-here-s-how-far-cry-4-multiplayer-sharing-works/1100-6420444/

In order to share the game, you'll need to be playing it on either PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4 and have a PlayStation Plus subscription, Ubisoft has revealed to GameSpot. If you meet those requirements, you'll be given ten invitations that can be sent out to PlayStation Network friends to play "a free trial of online co-op with you. Explore Kyrat together, capture outposts, gain money and experience, and create your own stories with a friend."
#40youngskillzPosted 6/13/2014 12:22:42 AM
i'm not really a fan of timed content, but i guess if microsoft does it with cod, sony probably said screw it we'll do it with destiny.

eye for an eye.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Arch Enemy, Aborted, Eye of the Enemy, The Wake, Exhortation, Deals Death, Mechanical God Creation, Fractal Gates, Destinity, Isolated.