Apparently the Destiny Playstation content will only be a 'timed exclusive'

#41DojoMaxPosted 6/13/2014 1:29:24 AM(edited)
PominAus posted...
DojoMax posted...
Hmmm... timed exclusive content... + graphics parity.... hmmm

PS4 version superior based on the fact that it's the PS4 version? Or did I miss something.

I think Bungie is 'targeting' 1080p, we can't say for certain that both will be 1080p/30fps until it's announced. It would be remiss to not factor in that PS4 will have the larger player base given the size of the install base compared to the X1 (though I'm sure both platforms will have ample players), plus there is the marketing that's focused on the PS4 version.

Edit: personally I wouldn't lose too much sleep over the X1 being 900/30 just as long as they make use of the impulse triggers.

I'm not worried about it, I can get it for either system. I might just get it for PS4 anyways, but my point was it's going to be same game either way. I just wish that something like this would shut up the trollboys.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than XBone.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin:DojoMax
#42nableetPosted 6/13/2014 1:31:05 AM
VoidBeyond posted...

Except both versions of Destiny are exactly the same, so.

Probably best to wait for a digital foundry comparison before declaring that they are "exactly the same". I know they have said resolution and fps should be the same, but there is more to it than that. Will they be very close? I'm sure they will, "exactly the same"? Remains to be seen...
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#43chubbychaserPosted 6/13/2014 1:34:02 AM
Sadly Destiny will forever run best on ps4 due to its superior hardware. :(
---
aaaHAA!! X800 XT PE
#44Spetsnaz420Posted 6/13/2014 1:36:24 AM
TBONE_OG posted...
streamjumper posted...
Isn't this something Microsoft usually gets lambasted about?

Yes.

Careful now... Many of us think it's just as stupid when Sony pays for it
---
Searching for my long lost twin, is this you?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#45Chao_YunPosted 6/13/2014 1:40:39 AM
I think they will seek to grab as much of the market as possible. I hope that extends to international, non-English speaking countries.
---
Forest trees are greener.
#46puffnbillys420Posted 6/13/2014 1:41:05 AM
That just means you guys can have it when were done with it
#47DojoMaxPosted 6/13/2014 1:44:08 AM
nableet posted...
VoidBeyond posted...

Probably best to wait for a digital foundry comparison before declaring that they are "exactly the same". I know they have said resolution and fps should be the same, but there is more to it than that. Will they be very close? I'm sure they will, "exactly the same"? Remains to be seen...

I mean... the devs say they're going for parity, but "wait for Digital Foundry" to say otherwise. BTW, did most people hear of DF before this PS4 vs X1 thing? Seems like the trollfans have made these guys super popular. I mean if they publish a bunch of negative X1 stuff it seems to generate clicks from their target audience.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than XBone.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin:DojoMax
#48Chao_YunPosted 6/13/2014 1:46:30 AM
DojoMax posted...
nableet posted...
VoidBeyond posted...

I mean... the devs say they're going for parity, but "wait for Digital Foundry" to say otherwise. BTW, did most people hear of DF before this PS4 vs X1 thing? Seems like the trollfans have made these guys super popular. I mean if they publish a bunch of negative X1 stuff it seems to generate clicks from their target audience.

Digital Foundry is reputable. They pretty much call a spade a spade. Do you have an alternative?
---
Forest trees are greener.
#49squidney2k1Posted 6/13/2014 1:54:07 AM
It's safe to assume that all "exclusive" DLC is just timed-exclusive.
---
Best games of last gen: Mass Effect series & Bioshock series \m/ (O_o) \m/
>o_o\> AMENO >o_o\>
#50nableetPosted 6/13/2014 2:05:34 AM
DojoMax posted...
nableet posted...
VoidBeyond posted...

Yes, I had heard of them... The devs can "go for" whatever they like.

They don't post "negative" xbox stuff. They call it how it is, which includes negatives in performance for both consoles.

My issue is the word "exactly". This word implies "identical". Now, will we be able to see the difference or care without side by side? Probably not, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff