Apparently the Destiny Playstation content will only be a 'timed exclusive'

#51LapanuiPosted 6/13/2014 3:01:22 AM
I find timed exclusivity for DLC really dumb. I don't think people are going to race out and get a brand new console because it gives you like 30 minutes of content a month or so early. Timed Exclusive content doesn't sell consoles.

I could see some people going out and getting a console because a game itself is exclusive for so many months or even a year, but a lot of other people will just wait.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#52InjusticeRebornPosted 6/13/2014 3:24:26 AM
Chao_Yun posted...
DojoMax posted...
nableet posted...
VoidBeyond posted...

Except both versions of Destiny are exactly the same, so.

Probably best to wait for a digital foundry comparison before declaring that they are "exactly the same". I know they have said resolution and fps should be the same, but there is more to it than that. Will they be very close? I'm sure they will, "exactly the same"? Remains to be seen...

I mean... the devs say they're going for parity, but "wait for Digital Foundry" to say otherwise. BTW, did most people hear of DF before this PS4 vs X1 thing? Seems like the trollfans have made these guys super popular. I mean if they publish a bunch of negative X1 stuff it seems to generate clicks from their target audience.

Digital Foundry is reputable. They pretty much call a spade a spade. Do you have an alternative?

I won't argue that Digital Foundry aren't reputable, but Dojo has a fair point, one I will gladly agree with.

Their popularity has gone through the roof since the PS4 and XB1 released and results showed the PS4 versions o multi-plat games run better. I had NEVER heard of the place until the BF4 and Ghosts comparisons were doing their rounds. One of the few places introduced to me, thanks to this 'fanboy console war'.

My library of games are 95% multi-plats. I generally lurk every board to the game I'm playing, to get an idea on a few things etc. Call of Duty and Battlefield being the biggest culprits. Not once did a DF get posted in the line of 'PS3 vs 360'.

I'd love for them to release stats of traffic or whatever before and after the launch of these new consoles.
#53DojoMaxPosted 6/13/2014 3:31:59 AM(edited)
nableet posted...
DojoMax posted...
nableet posted...
VoidBeyond posted...

Probably best to wait for a digital foundry comparison before declaring that they are "exactly the same". I know they have said resolution and fps should be the same, but there is more to it than that. Will they be very close? I'm sure they will, "exactly the same"? Remains to be seen...

I mean... the devs say they're going for parity, but "wait for Digital Foundry" to say otherwise. BTW, did most people hear of DF before this PS4 vs X1 thing? Seems like the trollfans have made these guys super popular. I mean if they publish a bunch of negative X1 stuff it seems to generate clicks from their target audience.

Yes, I had heard of them... The devs can "go for" whatever they like.

They don't post "negative" xbox stuff. They call it how it is, which includes negatives in performance for both consoles.

My issue is the word "exactly". This word implies "identical". Now, will we be able to see the difference or care without side by side? Probably not, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I've never seen them say anything positive about X1. I'm not saying theyre in sonys pocket , I'm saying that the purposefully target and publish about titles that run better on ps4 and then put mostly negative things about x1. Now the kicker is, if they do that, then they generate clicks from guys that love to see that negative stuff. I'm not saying they're reputable but then again I don't look to video analysis to tell me how to spend my money either.

A game like 2K14 was identical. I mean I owned that game for both ps4 and x1. I'm going to see if I can find a DF comparison.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than XBone.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin:DojoMax
#54Jeh64Posted 6/13/2014 3:31:15 AM
Well that's good, cause Destiny looks great.
#55PominAusPosted 6/13/2014 3:33:49 AM
Digital Foundry actually gave the nod to X1 version of Thief, they are as impartial as you get.
#56newbie2007Posted 6/13/2014 5:37:46 AM
VoidBeyond posted...
youngskillz posted...
TheTrueAmerican posted...
newbie2007 posted...

Graphics didn't matter during the PS2 era because 50% of the games are released for PS2 only. Gamers realistically had no choice but to buy a ps2. It matters now because 95% of games are multi-platform. With the same game library, gamers have a choice to choose the console with better playing experience.

Ridiculous.

why?
is it wrong to prefer the superior version of a game?

The developers said they are aiming for parity doesn't mean it's done. Beside, be careful of what you wish for. At 1080p, 30fps on XB1 might be unlocked, that's worse than 900p and locked 30fps.
#57RPGspleasePosted 6/13/2014 6:26:44 AM
PominAus posted...
Digital Foundry actually gave the nod to X1 version of Thief, they are as impartial as you get.

This...also df has been doing comparisons for a while they did xbox ps3 comparisons and a bunch of times 360 was "better" sometimes ps3 was better
---
"Some of this is garbage, most is handheld, and most isn't even in ENGLISH. " Phaseslaethe on Japan's mediacreate numbers
#58streamjumperPosted 6/13/2014 6:30:46 AM
Yeah. Digital Foundry is pretty neutral. They care little to nothing about whose hunk of plastic produces the pile of pixels they're running under the microscope.

The problem is that people often tout small differences as huge ones or quote chunks of their reports very selectively or blatantly out of context.
---
Darwin, set the Wayback Machine...
#59Exodus_PrimePosted 6/13/2014 6:35:36 AM
chubbychaser posted...
Sadly Destiny will forever run best on ps4 due to its superior hardware. :(

It has been confirmed by Bungie that both versions of the game will run at 1080P and 30FPS. But I see what you tried to do there ; - )
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#60InjusticeRebornPosted 6/13/2014 6:36:30 AM
streamjumper posted...
Yeah. Digital Foundry is pretty neutral. They care little to nothing about whose hunk of plastic produces the pile of pixels they're running under the microscope.

The problem is that people often tout small differences as huge ones or quote chunks of their reports very selectively or blatantly out of context.

"We don't care for this stuff, but we'll go to the effort to find out what's what for those who do?" That's all I get from that bolded part. :P

But I agree with the latter part of your post.
---
A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. What about my PlayStation?