Worst. Ending. Ever(Besides Mass Effect 3)

#1aj4x94Posted 6/12/2014 12:27:32 PM
What's the worst ending in game that you can think of? Mass Effect 3 doesn't count since all of the ME fans(me included) unanimously agree that it was awful and unsatisfying.

Indigo Prophecy. It made no sense, lacked any foreshadowing towards that scenario, and overall felt incredibly rushed.

What's your worst ending?
---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, Dark Souls 1&2, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#2littlebro07Posted 6/12/2014 12:29:26 PM
Sir. Finishing this fight.

In three f***ing years
---
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb289/volcaitlin/gifs/dancning.gif
#3kennyynnooPosted 6/12/2014 12:30:14 PM
Cod ghosts was lame. I am not a fan of COD but played it anyways.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#4littlebro07Posted 6/12/2014 12:32:32 PM
Also Gears of War 3.

Humanity should have lost. But no, there's a magical "kill LITERALLY every single Locust and Lambent infected creature on the entire planet" button.
---
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb289/volcaitlin/gifs/dancning.gif
#5gohoanqPosted 6/12/2014 12:35:21 PM(edited)
littlebro07 posted...
Also Gears of War 3.

Humanity should have lost. But no, there's a magical "kill LITERALLY every single Locust and Lambent infected creature on the entire planet" button.

Marcus Fenix's father worked on that "cure" for most of his life and was deeply involved in the Locust/Lambent problem. You thinking they should have lost doesn't take that away.. It made sense.
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#6squidney2k1Posted 6/12/2014 12:35:02 PM
Fallout 3....it didn't have one. It lacked an ending so badly that they had to patch one in. At least games like ME3, Halo 2, Shenmue 2, and Half-Life 2: Episode 2 had endings included that were terrible. At least they tried.

As for actual endings....I would probably say MGS2. The later half of that game was so terrible that I quit the series. I'm hoping MGSV will win me over again.
---
Best games of last gen: Mass Effect series & Bioshock series \m/ (O_o) \m/
>o_o\> AMENO >o_o\>
#7DarthUchiha91Posted 6/12/2014 12:35:53 PM
Might wanna add 'spoiler' to the title. But I guess the posters can take care of their own posts by themselves.

Could Mass Effect have a better ending? Sure, but it was satisfactory and had a bit of closure to me.(although I never did saw the original ending, so you might be referring to that).

For me, the worst ending is Borderlands. At least Mass Effect had an enjoyable story and gameplay, and it's characters interactions were awesome. Borderlands just felt empty, like the story had no meaning. And the ending just put the final nail on the coffin. I had no interest in even playing the game in any way after I beat it.
---
The Delay game is GOTY 2014!
#8squidney2k1Posted 6/12/2014 12:37:32 PM(edited)
gohoanq posted...
littlebro07 posted...
Also Gears of War 3.

Marcus Fenix's father worked on that "cure" for most of his life and was deeply involved in the Locust/Lambent problem. You thinking they should have lost doesn't take that away.. It made sense.
---

Exactly.....a biological weapon developed for over 25 years. That's not a magical "off" button, and works very well for a conclusion.
---
Best games of last gen: Mass Effect series & Bioshock series \m/ (O_o) \m/
>o_o\> AMENO >o_o\>
#9aj4x94(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 12:37:25 PM
squidney2k1 posted...
Fallout 3....it didn't have one. It lacked an ending so badly that they had to patch one in. At least games like ME3, Halo 2, Shenmue 2, and Half-Life 2: Episode 2 had endings included that were terrible. At least they tried.

As for actual endings....I would probably say MGS2. The later half of that game was so terrible that I quit the series. I'm hoping MGSV will win me over again.

My gods, man, you haven't played MGS3 Snake Eater? Go get the HD Collection and play that sucker! The ending was good too.
---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, Dark Souls 1&2, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#10liquidblue4Posted 6/12/2014 12:38:58 PM
Just from the last generation or so.

Rage
Alone in the Dark (360)
Jericho
The Suffering: Ties That Bind (bad ending)
Kameo (cliffhanger with no chance of a sequel)
Half Life 2 Episode 2

just to name a few
---
Demon to Some. Angel to Others.