Worst. Ending. Ever(Besides Mass Effect 3)

#31UtinilPosted 6/12/2014 4:18:24 PM
Also forgot Shinobi 2 for the NES, you beat the final boss, and all that you see is

"Game Over" on a black screen, exactly the same as if you died.
#32demollyonPosted 6/12/2014 4:19:56 PM
Gone home.

To be fair, the rest of the game was just as bad.
#33sandslash1Posted 6/12/2014 4:44:24 PM(edited)
Any ending where a main character is supposed to die/be dead and ends up coming back through the power of love and friendship
way to throw your story out the window, or whatever the saying is
---
a
#34chestershadowPosted 6/12/2014 4:57:08 PM
squidney2k1 posted...
Fallout 3....it didn't have one. It lacked an ending so badly that they had to patch one in. At least games like ME3, Halo 2, Shenmue 2, and Half-Life 2: Episode 2 had endings included that were terrible. At least they tried.

As for actual endings....I would probably say MGS2. The later half of that game was so terrible that I quit the series. I'm hoping MGSV will win me over again.

Why would you NOT play 3?!?! Youre a self inflicting masochist :/
#35Alex_RainesPosted 6/12/2014 4:59:34 PM
How I Met Your Mother. 9 seasons of them telling us that he and Robin weren't right for each other only to end up together? Utter BS.

Oh game ending? Probably Lightning Returns. Say what you will about Mass Effect 3, but while the ending was the same pretty much no matter how you played it, at least that game didn't have a magical reset button at the end of it. Hurray! Everyone, including those we've seen die, is alive again!
---
Currently playing: Bravely Default
#36Fou LuPosted 6/12/2014 5:00:05 PM
Nope, there was nothing wrong with Mass Effect 3's ending, it was perfect.

Worst ending is Mass Effect 2, Fable 1, Fable 2, and Fable 3.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#37TrueGBPosted 6/12/2014 5:00:11 PM
ME3 was nothing compared to Divinity 2's ending. At least ME3 got an expanded version for free. At the end of Divinity 2, your character is frozen in crystal without the satisfaction of a boss fight against the big bad villain, another character tells you he's been trapped for years and you will be too...and then the credits roll.

Only way to see the ending the way it's supposed to be? Buy the expansion...which is included with a full copy of the game, of which you can't buy separately, and doesn't include any fixes for the multitude of game destroying bugs (except for nerfing a couple fun abilities).

Now that is lame.
---
Future Billionaire
#38SneakiestNegPosted 6/12/2014 5:02:50 PM
Xenogears. Where are all the other episodes? !
#39GladiatorDangerPosted 6/12/2014 5:04:57 PM
squidney2k1 posted...
gohoanq posted...
littlebro07 posted...
Also Gears of War 3.

Humanity should have lost. But no, there's a magical "kill LITERALLY every single Locust and Lambent infected creature on the entire planet" button.

Marcus Fenix's father worked on that "cure" for most of his life and was deeply involved in the Locust/Lambent problem. You thinking they should have lost doesn't take that away.. It made sense.
---

Exactly.....a biological weapon developed for over 25 years. That's not a magical "off" button, and works very well for a conclusion.

Yeah it kind of is, a magical virus or something that nobody has heard of or even referenced until the 3rd game suddenly shows up and is the answer to all the heroes problem, how is that not a Deus Ex Machina?
#40_Shuyin_Posted 6/12/2014 5:37:25 PM
Maybe originally ME3's ending was lackluster, but the extended cut really fixed it and now offers closure and filled in a lot of blanks. The Leviathan dlc also helps explain a lot of what's being revealed in the ending too.

I know ME3 shouldn't have needed additional dlc to make sense of the ending, but with it the ending is pretty satisfying, in my opinion.
---
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea - and ideas are bulletproof."
~ V for Vendetta