Worst. Ending. Ever(Besides Mass Effect 3)

#41Skunkdog1Posted 6/12/2014 5:37:42 PM
littlebro07 posted...
Sir. Finishing this fight.
In three f***ing years

halo 3 takes place immediately following this. how else was halo 2 supposed to end?
---
BY FIRE BE PURGED
http://i.imgur.com/51ydFkh.png
#428492nd_SquadronPosted 6/12/2014 5:43:47 PM
Sniper Ghost Warrior

you shoot a man
*Black screen*
"THE END"
*Credit rolls*

what is that i don't even...
---
Proud member of The Hunter's Guild.
#43zonobiaPosted 6/12/2014 5:43:56 PM
A lot of you guys don't seem to remember any games from the 80's and early 90's. Many of those games had you finish the game, only to be met with the rolling credits followed by "The End". Even bad endings of the last 15-20 years are more entertaining than those.
#44EVOLUTION117Posted 6/12/2014 5:46:12 PM
Haven: Call of The King.

It was supposed to be a Trilogy, but the sequels never got made, so the ending you got had:

-Titular King is poisoned and killed.
-Protagonist is made immortal and imprisoned in a Tower for all eternity.
-Protagonist's best friend is a traitor working for the villain.
-Villain escapes to rule all, just as he was doing when at the start of the game.

---
I am the true essence of Evil's bane. I am the Fierce Deity and I have risen again to kick your ass
#45nelson0928Posted 6/12/2014 5:47:04 PM
GladiatorDanger posted...
squidney2k1 posted...
gohoanq posted...
littlebro07 posted...
Also Gears of War 3.

Humanity should have lost. But no, there's a magical "kill LITERALLY every single Locust and Lambent infected creature on the entire planet" button.

Marcus Fenix's father worked on that "cure" for most of his life and was deeply involved in the Locust/Lambent problem. You thinking they should have lost doesn't take that away.. It made sense.
---

Exactly.....a biological weapon developed for over 25 years. That's not a magical "off" button, and works very well for a conclusion.

Yeah it kind of is, a magical virus or something that nobody has heard of or even referenced until the 3rd game suddenly shows up and is the answer to all the heroes problem, how is that not a Deus Ex Machina?

Clearly you never read any of the Gears novels. Marcus' mother, Elain Fenix discovered the existence of the lambent organism when Marcus was still just a kid, that was many years before E-day. And when Adam Fenix was sent to Azura, which was 10 years after E-day, every top scientists at Azura began the development of this cure with the help of Elain's notes.
#46daniel79Posted 6/12/2014 5:48:53 PM
zonobia posted...
A lot of you guys don't seem to remember any games from the 80's and early 90's. Many of those games had you finish the game, only to be met with the rolling credits followed by "The End". Even bad endings of the last 15-20 years are more entertaining than those.

What you're forgetting though is the simple fact that people just played games 'For fun' back then

Getting to the end was a bonus..

Something most people nowdays seem to easily forget in their mindless quest of 'It's got to be perfect or I'll cry, whinge and moan' mentality.
#47finalevePosted 6/12/2014 5:55:38 PM
ME3's ending wasn't nearly as bad as, say, Devil May Cry 2. At least ME3 ended and isn't being shuffled under the rug as if it doesn't exist in the sequel (Like DMC4 did by not including the girl from DMC2).

My cousin bought the collection and after I told him repeated to NOT play DMC2, he still did. His first reaction was "oh this ain't so bad" and after he beat both stories he was like "wow. Not touching that game again."

Half-Life 2:Ep 2's ending wasn't bad. That is the way an ending/cliffhanger SHOULD be if the sequel was coming out any time soon. *looks at watch* Yep, soon.
#48WhyitEarpPosted 6/12/2014 5:56:47 PM
I have to laugh at anyone posting anything modern. At least you get an ending, good or bad. Back in my day we beat games and it said "The End" or "Thanks for playing" or even better "Game over"
#49TiredofhearinguPosted 6/12/2014 5:59:57 PM
All endings are worse than Mass Effect 3. Mass Effect 3 had one of the best endings to anything ever.
#50Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 6/12/2014 6:02:07 PM
aj4x94 posted...
What's the worst ending in game that you can think of? Mass Effect 3 doesn't count since all of the ME fans(me included) unanimously agree that it was awful and unsatisfying.?

speak for yourself
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."