Fable was the reason I bought an Xbox oh so long ago.

#1Maverick_ReznorPosted 6/12/2014 2:52:38 PM
Its sequels ended up being terrible, but now I feel like Fable Legends will redeem the series.
---
Currently Playing : Watch Dogs,WildStar, and Mario Kart 8
Looking Forward To: Destiny, Smash Bros, The Order 1886, and ScaleBound
#2AzaneAzerPosted 6/12/2014 2:53:21 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3dnmtPosted 6/12/2014 2:53:45 PM
Better not read this then:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/12/e3-2014-fable-legends-forgets-what-made-fable-great
#4TBONE_OGPosted 6/12/2014 2:57:10 PM
I hope so, man. I played all of them... even The Journey... which I liked.

Fable 1 was the best of the series. Heroes Guild made that game. When Fable 2 came out... boy did they screw that up. How could you leave out 500 years of Albion? Dumb move.

I really hope Legends is awesome, and then we get Fable 4, set back in the time of Heroes.
---
Always O.G.
#5AnakeriePosted 6/12/2014 2:57:50 PM
I thought Fable 2 was great. I actually enjoyed it more than the original Fable. Then Fable 3 was released and pretty much everything I enjoyed about Fable and Fable 2 was completely stripped out. And I accept some responsibility on my part for being overhyped about it and for dismissing the people who warned that most of the stuff Peter M. promised never actually ended up in the games. I was willing to give them another chance, until I found out the Journey was a Kinect-only first-person shooter on rails. And now Legends is showing every sign of being mediocre at best. Perhaps someone just needs to take Fable outside and shoot it and put it out of its misery.
---
GT: CrampedSultana PSN: Ana Kerie
Pawn: Zarianna. CARPE LAMA GLAMA
#6pwnater777Posted 6/12/2014 2:57:58 PM
I feel like the whole idea of a villain side that can spawn whatever they want will make the game very unbalanced and it'll be a flop.

I just wish they'd do a proper Fable IV. Stop playing around, Lionhead.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#7Maverick_Reznor(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 2:58:16 PM
dnmt posted...
Better not read this then:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/12/e3-2014-fable-legends-forgets-what-made-fable-great

yea because fable 2 forgot what made fable great. I feel this game can make the series great again
---
#8Maverick_Reznor(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 2:59:27 PM
pwnater777 posted...
I feel like the whole idea of a villain side that can spawn whatever they want will make the game very unbalanced and it'll be a flop.

I just wish they'd do a proper Fable IV. Stop playing around, Lionhead.

I'm sure there is a limit and I have a feeling the heroes will win more times than not
---
#9TBONE_OGPosted 6/12/2014 3:01:51 PM
Also, I might be the only person who thought Fable 3 was better than 2. At least Fable 3 had a decent ending, Fable 2 was laughable with bursts of light and a music box. Barf.

Both games were not very good when looking back. I did enjoy them however. Just not as much as I know I could have if they didn't stray from Fable 1 so much.
---
Always O.G.
#10MetroidFan9999Posted 6/12/2014 3:07:56 PM
I feel the exact opposite, I don't even know why this game is called Fable.
---
For a good laugh - http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/