Watching Destiny streams

#1DIVINExFABLEPosted 6/13/2014 5:33:16 AM
And I can't wait to get a hold of the beta and actual game. I've only seen PvP so far but it looks awesome. The multiplayer in this game is just awesome, from the story to the pvp.
---
XBL GT: Karmosity
Believe it or not, He's the good guy.
#2LapanuiPosted 6/13/2014 5:34:43 AM
I try not to watch videos or even keep track of details of a game I am interested in. I feel it spoils the game way too much for me, not story wise, just features and such.

I did this with Watch Dogs recently and I get into the game for the first time and everything is new to me.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#3cheezedadadaPosted 6/13/2014 6:17:53 AM(edited)
I kinda got the vibe it was a futuristic looking "plastic-y" world similar to Halo where you just shoot everything that moves and was instantly turned off.

Then I realized the gear has stats, the enemies have health bars and there are damage numbers in combat. All of a sudden I went from thinking the game sucked to being excited to buy it. I am a huge sucker for RPG-ish features.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and everything else. http://i.imgur.com/X8EbbyB.jpg?1 LOL Gamefaqs.
#4Exodus_PrimePosted 6/13/2014 6:23:31 AM
cheezedadada posted...
I kinda got the vibe it was a futuristic looking "plastic-y" world similar to Halo where you just shoot everything that moves and was instantly turned off.

Then I realized the gear has stats, the enemies have health bars and there are damage numbers in combat. All of a sudden I went from thinking the game sucked to being excited to buy it. I am a huge sucker for RPG-ish features.

Those rpg features come from games like Borderlands when you shoot enemies numbers pop of how much damage you make, I didn't get a beta code to play it on my PS4, I also have a beta code for my X1 because I pre ordered it for it after finding out the content was timed exclusive. I think I will just wait for that beta. Like the it's mention above I don't want to spoil myself too much on it until I play it.
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#5DIVINExFABLE(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2014 8:59:34 AM
I know what you guys mean but I recently was thinking about cancelling my pre order for it because I didn't really see anything that I thought would be worth my time right off the bat, then I watched like 10 minutes of stream and I'm instantly hooked again.
---
XBL GT: Karmosity
Believe it or not, He's the good guy.
#6MotionMan25Posted 6/13/2014 11:26:07 AM
cheezedadada posted...

so let me get this straight you thought the game was boring because it looked plastic-y and you just shot everything but because the plastic has numbers on it and the things you shoot have numbers coming off it, the game is somehow way better?
---
GT: Motion Man. - Add me up if you like to blow up robots.... using other robots.
We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us - Andrew Ryan
#7LotrMorgothPosted 6/13/2014 11:32:30 AM
what do you do in between the fps missions?

are there like open worlds/ areas to walk around or interact with others?
---
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -Bilbo
gamertag: smeaGollum4
#8BaronVladzPosted 6/13/2014 11:34:04 AM
LotrMorgoth posted...
what do you do in between the fps missions?

are there like open worlds/ areas to walk around or interact with others?

Yup, there's a main base area that you can meet up and interact with others, form firing squads to go off on missions together, buy weapons and armor, decrypt the encrypted items you found on missions, buy vehicles, pick up bounties, etc.
#9MotionMan25Posted 6/13/2014 11:46:11 AM
also in the main base area the game is in 3rd person which I thought was pretty cool... also the load screens show your ship flying to whatever destination along with your fire teams ships and it shows whatever unique ship you are using which i also thought was neat.
---
GT: Motion Man. - Add me up if you like to blow up robots.... using other robots.
We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us - Andrew Ryan
#10cheezedadadaPosted 6/13/2014 11:47:42 AM
MotionMan25 posted...
cheezedadada posted...

so let me get this straight you thought the game was boring because it looked plastic-y and you just shot everything but because the plastic has numbers on it and the things you shoot have numbers coming off it, the game is somehow way better?

Yep
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and everything else. http://i.imgur.com/X8EbbyB.jpg?1 LOL Gamefaqs.