Watching Destiny streams

#11robirminghamPosted 6/13/2014 11:48:06 AM
cheezedadada posted...
I kinda got the vibe it was a futuristic looking "plastic-y" world similar to Halo where you just shoot everything that moves and was instantly turned off.

Then I realized the gear has stats, the enemies have health bars and there are damage numbers in combat. All of a sudden I went from thinking the game sucked to being excited to buy it. I am a huge sucker for RPG-ish features.

It definitely has a lot of RPG features.

The Alpha is very fun to play. When I first started playing I was like hmm this is decent. Then next thing you know I couldn't put the controller down.

Not necessarily Skyrim can't put the controller down, but this is a game where you'll easily lose track of time.
---
www.flydrs.com Video game reviews, previews, and info.
https://www.facebook.com/theflydrs
#12cheezedadadaPosted 6/13/2014 11:49:22 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
Those rpg features come from games like Borderlands when you shoot enemies numbers pop of how much damage you make, I didn't get a beta code to play it on my PS4, I also have a beta code for my X1 because I pre ordered it for it after finding out the content was timed exclusive. I think I will just wait for that beta. Like the it's mention above I don't want to spoil myself too much on it until I play it.

After seeing the alpha, I immediately fired up Borderlands on my PC again.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and everything else. http://i.imgur.com/X8EbbyB.jpg?1 LOL Gamefaqs.
#13cheezedadadaPosted 6/13/2014 11:51:47 AM(edited)
robirmingham posted...
cheezedadada posted...
I kinda got the vibe it was a futuristic looking "plastic-y" world similar to Halo where you just shoot everything that moves and was instantly turned off.

Then I realized the gear has stats, the enemies have health bars and there are damage numbers in combat. All of a sudden I went from thinking the game sucked to being excited to buy it. I am a huge sucker for RPG-ish features.

The Alpha is very fun to play. When I first started playing I was like hmm this is decent. Then next thing you know I couldn't put the controller down.

Not necessarily Skyrim can't put the controller down, but this is a game where you'll easily lose track of time.

Yeah all of those little extra RPG features make the game feel a little bit more involved. Just having loot in a game is great, but if you can compare stats and stuff like that it makes it feel like there is more to it. Its mostly superficial, but I enjoy it.

I think MotionMan was trying to mock me (for some reason?) with how I feel about it, but its not really all that surprising. Liking a game for extra RPG features is normal in my book. Its what sold my friend on the game too. Without those features, he said would have definitely passed.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and everything else. http://i.imgur.com/X8EbbyB.jpg?1 LOL Gamefaqs.
#14robirminghamPosted 6/13/2014 11:58:00 AM
cheezedadada posted...
robirmingham posted...
cheezedadada posted...

Yeah all of those little extra RPG features make the game feel a little bit more involved. Just having loot in a game is great, but if you can compare stats and stuff like that it makes it feel like there is more to it. Its mostly superficial, but I enjoy it.

I think MotionMan was trying to mock me (for some reason?) with how I feel about it, but its not really all that surprising. Liking a game for extra RPG features is normal in my book. Its what sold my friend on the game too. Without those features, he said would have definitely passed.

These days, the best games blend genres. Having additional layers, whether it be RPG elements, racing / driving elements, etc., makes a game more complete and satisfying. It also really helps with the immersion aspect.
---
www.flydrs.com Video game reviews, previews, and info.
https://www.facebook.com/theflydrs
#15MotionMan25Posted 6/13/2014 12:01:42 PM
cheezedadada posted...
robirmingham posted...
cheezedadada posted...

nah man I was just joking around, I get your point and I share the same thoughts (although I LOVE Halo) its just funny to think of it that way haha... I would be honored to be in your fireteam.
---
GT: Motion Man. - Add me up if you like to blow up robots.... using other robots.
We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us - Andrew Ryan
#16Homie_202Posted 6/13/2014 1:19:13 PM
The PvP stuff is the only stuff I haven't played. I have to say I am pretty disappointed in the game. It's fun but it's way too much like an MMO and it feels to grindy. Also most of the quests are VERY generic they are mostly just fetch quests. I hope the beta is better because then hopefully the game will be even better but as of now I kind of have low expectations for the game.
#17crucialPosted 6/13/2014 1:40:36 PM
I was not hyped at all after playing the beta at a friends house,PvP seemed lack luster,moved sluggish,looked like a 360 game and it was just a slower paced grind fest,BL got me hooked because of the art style to the game while this just looks like a generic Halo/ME world,I do like the loot system and the level system but this game has way to much hyped and how did bungie spend 500 million on this and this is what we get?really?starting to believe the ponies when they said Bungie was overrated but now there gods because its on there console lol.