How is EA UFC both 900p on Xbox One/PS4, yet the Xbox One has a lot more jaggies

#1PhaseBlackPosted 6/13/2014 7:09:07 AM
As well as weaker shadows?

I thought resolution was the way developers improved jaggies and shadows, so how is the Xbox One version still looking worse at the same resolution?
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2cremasterfanPosted 6/13/2014 7:16:23 AM
It's only ONE of the ways. As people make more of a big deal about resolution and frame rate, Xbone developers will have to make sacrifices just so they can say their games are the same frame rate and resolution as the PS4 version.

There is no such thing as a free lunch, system specs are system specs.
#3DojoMaxPosted 6/13/2014 7:18:20 AM
Troll topics ....
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than XBone.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin:DojoMax
#4cremasterfanPosted 6/13/2014 7:21:40 AM
Remember folks, everything negative can't possibly be true, it must just be trolling.

I think we should NEVER criticize ANYTHING by Microsoft no matter how bad, we don't want them to feel they must do better or improve...
#5pblimp360Posted 6/13/2014 7:23:53 AM
No one post after this.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#6youngunner2123Posted 6/13/2014 7:24:42 AM
PhaseBlack posted...

I thought resolution was the way developers improved jaggies and shadows, so how is the Xbox One version still looking worse at the same resolution?

if you want better comparisons. Go to digital foundry on you tube

they compare them side by side frame rates and resolutions
---
Your arms are too short to box with GOD!!!
#7DojoMaxPosted 6/13/2014 7:25:44 AM
cremasterfan posted...
Remember folks, everything negative can't possibly be true, it must just be trolling.

I think we should NEVER criticize ANYTHING by Microsoft no matter how bad, we don't want them to feel they must do better or improve...

Yea... Im not a fanboy and this is a troll topic. Just call it like I see it. He could have asked this question without the ps4 stuff. Might have been less of a troll topic.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than XBone.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin:DojoMax
#8jairusmonillasPosted 6/13/2014 7:26:30 AM
PhaseBlack posted...

Xbox One will always be weaker. Even if the resolution ends up the same, there will always be something that Xbox one version will show worse like in lightnings, jaggies, shadows, AA, etc
---
PS4 GPU: 1152 GCN, 1.84 TFLOPS, 72 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 8GB gDDR5
XB1 GPU :: 768 GCN, 1.31 TFLOPS, 48 TMUs, 16 ROPs, 8GB DDR3+eSRAM
#9PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2014 7:33:26 AM
cremasterfan posted...
It's only ONE of the ways. As people make more of a big deal about resolution and frame rate, Xbone developers will have to make sacrifices just so they can say their games are the same frame rate and resolution as the PS4 version.

There is no such thing as a free lunch, system specs are system specs.

So a game game can be at the same resolution, yet still look less crisp and have more jaggies? O_o
---
PSVita & 3DS
#10PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2014 7:35:16 AM
DojoMax posted...
cremasterfan posted...

Yea... Im not a fanboy and this is a troll topic. Just call it like I see it. He could have asked this question without the ps4 stuff. Might have been less of a troll topic.

Without the PS4 stuff? What the hell do I compare it to then? If you wanted me to say something like "Why does that Xbox One version have more jaggies and weaker shadows than the "console that shall not and will not be mentioned" version?" you have serious issues O_o
---
PSVita & 3DS