How is EA UFC both 900p on Xbox One/PS4, yet the Xbox One has a lot more jaggies

#11Laylow12Posted 6/13/2014 7:38:08 AM
pblimp360 posted...
No one post after this.

Who do you think you are? XBOX POLICE or something? People can post their opinions man, get a grip.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#12DojoMaxPosted 6/13/2014 7:45:02 AM(edited)
PhaseBlack posted...
DojoMax posted...
cremasterfan posted...
Remember folks, everything negative can't possibly be true, it must just be trolling.

I think we should NEVER criticize ANYTHING by Microsoft no matter how bad, we don't want them to feel they must do better or improve...

Yea... Im not a fanboy and this is a troll topic. Just call it like I see it. He could have asked this question without the ps4 stuff. Might have been less of a troll topic.

Without the PS4 stuff? What the hell do I compare it to then? If you wanted me to say something like "Why does that Xbox One version have more jaggies and weaker shadows than the "console that shall not and will not be mentioned" version?" you have serious issues O_o

Or you could have asked why the game looks the way it does. Its not all based on resolution. I'm sure you have a little bit of basic knowledge of how these things work. The answer is that the game is only using 2x MSAA. Anti-aliasing (AA) is what blurs the edges of the objects to make them appear smooth. Its a GPU heavy process that can effect the frame rate.

I guess you can pretend like you weren't trying to draw negative responses. I guess you can say you weren't looking for tinfoils to say that EA is lying about resolution.

Also the games don't look that different from one another. If you MUST have that ps4 comparison.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than XBone.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin:DojoMax
#13EnclavePosted 6/13/2014 7:57:26 AM
DojoMax posted...
PhaseBlack posted...
DojoMax posted...
cremasterfan posted...
Remember folks, everything negative can't possibly be true, it must just be trolling.

I think we should NEVER criticize ANYTHING by Microsoft no matter how bad, we don't want them to feel they must do better or improve...

Yea... Im not a fanboy and this is a troll topic. Just call it like I see it. He could have asked this question without the ps4 stuff. Might have been less of a troll topic.

Without the PS4 stuff? What the hell do I compare it to then? If you wanted me to say something like "Why does that Xbox One version have more jaggies and weaker shadows than the "console that shall not and will not be mentioned" version?" you have serious issues O_o

Or you could have asked why the game looks the way it does. Its not all based on resolution. I'm sure you have a little bit of basic knowledge of how these things work. The answer is that the game is only using 2x MSAA. Anti-aliasing (AA) is what blurs the edges of the objects to make them appear smooth. Its a GPU heavy process that can effect the frame rate.

I guess you can pretend like you weren't trying to draw negative responses. I guess you can say you weren't looking for tinfoils to say that EA is lying about resolution.

Also the games don't look that different from one another. If you MUST have that ps4 comparison.

Just assuming that people have at least basic knowledge about features such as anti aliasing is a poor assumption. While I don't know a single PC gamer who doesn't on some level know of them? I've encountered MANY console gamers who know nothing of them as the devs don't give them any options to change it.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#14kingofjamaicaPosted 6/13/2014 7:57:39 AM
Xbox One has more aliasing because the Xbox One version is using 2xMSAA and a post process AA on top I think.

PS4 is using 4xMSAA and a more precise post process AA.

PS4 motion blur is also twice the precision, which could have an effect given how much they use motion blur.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#15sammogardPosted 6/13/2014 8:06:46 AM
stop worrying about resolutions its such a minor thing to ever worry about.
#16Reece504Posted 6/13/2014 8:11:20 AM
sammogard posted...
stop worrying about resolutions its such a minor thing to ever worry about.

It's all about resolution this year forget the games at least that's the vibe I get from sony fans

How about just enjoying the game it's not a huge difference most of the time look atvwofenstien there's no huge difference even murder soul suspect
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#17carljenkPosted 6/13/2014 8:12:52 AM
Anti-aliasing differences?
#18Ramsus082Posted 6/13/2014 8:33:13 AM
It was the same case with Xbox One NBA2k14. It matched the resolution and frame rate of the PS4 version but still had noticeably worse image quality. People are right; Resolution isn't the only thing that matters.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#19Laylow12Posted 6/13/2014 8:42:21 AM
Ramsus082 posted...
It was the same case with Xbox One NBA2k14. It matched the resolution and frame rate of the PS4 version but still had noticeably worse image quality. People are right; Resolution isn't the only thing that matters.

Yep, because the intense focus on resolution now, were seeing developers giving the XBOX ONE the same resolutions as the PS4 version but sacrificing in other areas that, quite honestly, shouldn't be sacrificed. Had Microsoft put the money from KINECT 2.0 into RAM and GPU, they'd be doing much better. They had the eye on that KINECT 2.0 revenue stream and couldn't see beyond that for the fans sake.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#20DojoMaxPosted 6/13/2014 8:43:36 AM
Ramsus082 posted...

Those two games look identical. What are you talking about.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than XBone.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin:DojoMax