How is EA UFC both 900p on Xbox One/PS4, yet the Xbox One has a lot more jaggies

#21Ramsus082Posted 6/13/2014 8:48:05 AM
DojoMax posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
It was the same case with Xbox One NBA2k14. It matched the resolution and frame rate of the PS4 version but still had noticeably worse image quality. People are right; Resolution isn't the only thing that matters.

Those two games look identical. What are you talking about.

Nah bro, PS4 version looks noticeably better despite both running at 1080p.

http://anandtech.com/show/7528/the-xbox-one-mini-review-hardware-analysis/4
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#22SixStringHeroPosted 6/13/2014 8:52:51 AM
I have a feeling it will take awhile for developers to harness the potential of the XONE to the point they can achieve parity with the PS4 multi platform titles. It took years for developers to have 360 and PS3 ports at the same level.

It's a big reason as to why I don't plan on getting an XONE yet, even though I am more interested in titles for the console (Halo 5, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive) over what has been announced for PS4. I don't like the idea of inferior multi plats and the vast majority of my game library on 360 and PS3 is multi plats.

Either developers will get the hang of it, or it will just prove that MS really under cooked the console and the disparity will increase further as the gen goes forward.
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#23Ramsus082Posted 6/13/2014 8:54:07 AM
Anyway, it's kind of odd that we're seeing AA and post-processing effects in X1 games a little worse than PS4's at the same resolution, considering we all figured frame buffer stuff would be the eSRAMs bread and butter.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#24DojoMaxPosted 6/13/2014 8:57:57 AM
Ramsus082 posted...
DojoMax posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
It was the same case with Xbox One NBA2k14. It matched the resolution and frame rate of the PS4 version but still had noticeably worse image quality. People are right; Resolution isn't the only thing that matters.

Those two games look identical. What are you talking about.

Nah bro, PS4 version looks noticeably better despite both running at 1080p.

http://anandtech.com/show/7528/the-xbox-one-mini-review-hardware-analysis/4

Hmm there's a video comparison on YouTube that ign did. Also. Having played both games extensively on the same 1080p 50 inch display in my living room I'm going to trust what I seen personally.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than XBone.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin:DojoMax
#25Ramsus082Posted 6/13/2014 9:07:11 AM
I doubt anandtech is lying or altered the screens he posted, but if you can't tell the difference than cool, happy gaming. I had the misfortune of getting it on PC, which is a shoddy 360/PS3 port.
---
XboxOne poster of the week: billsfann01, for a failed alt attempt
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/69406320/786257887
#26schmarkenheimerPosted 6/13/2014 9:08:41 AM
Off the top of my head, sharpening filter (although I thought that was cleared up a bit), lack of AA, shadows turned down.

Reece504 posted...
sammogard posted...
stop worrying about resolutions its such a minor thing to ever worry about.

It's all about resolution this year forget the games at least that's the vibe I get from sony fans

How about just enjoying the game it's not a huge difference most of the time look atvwofenstien there's no huge difference even murder soul suspect

It's like the reverse of last gen when the PS3 had worse ports.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#27Ramsus082Posted 6/13/2014 9:15:31 AM(edited)
Digital Foundry didn't materialize in June 2013, enthusiast gamers dissecting tech performance and graphics isn't a new phenomenon and it didn't start just to piss you people off.

I can enjoy a game at 900p or something, but that doesn't mean that I'm not interested in what the hardcore crowd has to say about image quality. It would be one thing if each game released wasn't a new opportunity to dissect it and talk about the tech/development process, but different effort/resources/tech goes into each game and even different versions of it. It's one aspect of a larger hobby(gaming) and it's not as if being interested in one part of the hobby excludes you from being interested in another.
---
#28EnclavePosted 6/13/2014 9:18:14 AM
SixStringHero posted...
I have a feeling it will take awhile for developers to harness the potential of the XONE to the point they can achieve parity with the PS4 multi platform titles. It took years for developers to have 360 and PS3 ports at the same level.

The thing is though that the PS3 was more powerful than the 360,just much more difficult to make games for. That's why you saw those kinds of gains over time.

This time around the PS4 is both more powerful and easier to develop for.

While devs will get better and better at making games on the Xbone? The same will apply to the PS4 and the Xbone doesn't have the superior specs advantage to help out like the PS3 did.

That said, graphics aren't everything and the 2 systems are close enough that if you buy the Xbone you will still get a fun experience if not QUITE as pretty as on PS4.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#29Ramsus082Posted 6/13/2014 9:25:58 AM
Yeah, the argument that the XboxOne had some hidden/exclusive performance curve while PS4 development becomes stagnant really picked up steam during the early days of resolution-gate. There's not a lot of sense to it though.
---
#30ZeroShot101Posted 6/13/2014 9:53:37 AM
I watched the video but the only noticeable difference was lighting and that's it.