Xbox One July Update News

#1TBONE_OGPosted 6/13/2014 9:17:13 AM(edited)
Here’s a shortlist of features rolling out in the next few days to folks getting early access to the Xbox One system update.

Snap Mode for Achievements. As we showed at our E3 Green Carpet event before the show, we’re offering an easier way to track and view your achievements in the moment. With Achievement Snap, you can track your achievement progress in real time without ever leaving the game. You can also ‘Get Help’ on any Achievements you’re struggling with. Xbox will scan the web for you and deliver relevant tips and strategy content right to your TV. You can view a video about this feature here.

Double-tap to Snap. Double-tap the button on you controller to bring up Snap Center, where you can launch Achievements or any other snap-able app, without leaving your game. Already have an app snapped? Double-tap quickly switches between your game and the snapped app.

Choice of Spoken Language. Folks in New Zealand, Ireland and Austria can now enable voice control using the English or German voice models from other countries. And if you're an expat in an English-speaking country, you, too, can choose any of the other English language models that fit you.

Future Digital Bundles and Compilation Discs. We’re doing some work now so that publishers will have options for great digital bundle and disc compilation offerings in the future. As we test this feature, we’ll be seeing more flexible combinations of game titles and game content.

‘Like’ Game DVR clips. We’re are adding the ability to ‘Like’ all your favorite Game DVR clips as well as activity feed items in SmartGlass.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/06/xbox-one-july-update-preview

Also there's Xbox Feedback now – a dedicated channel for all your thoughts and recommendations:

http://xbox.uservoice.com/

Not bad. Achievement app sounds nice. Double tap is good for non-kinect users. I'm curious about this future digital bundle thing... hope it's some nice savings. And we get facebook likes for our videos now... ha.

I wonder what else they'll be adding...
---
Always O.G.
#2james259Posted 6/13/2014 9:02:09 AM(edited)
All great news.
Still waiting to listen to Xbox music without snapping it. Oh and 1vs100
---
Prepare to be emancipated from your own inferior genes!- Abradolf Lincler
3DS FC: 0989-1746-5488
#3MrImpatient35Posted 6/13/2014 9:00:22 AM
Bump
---
"It's not my fault that your album went double garbage-bag."
#4kennyynnooPosted 6/13/2014 9:03:41 AM
james259 posted...
All great news.

Ditto on the music without snapping and preferably allow custom music, this update is meh.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#5AlienGoatSrPosted 6/13/2014 9:08:03 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
james259 posted...
All great news.

Ditto on the music without snapping and preferably allow custom music, this update is meh.

yeah that would be nice also the ability to take pics/snapshots of games is also coming not sure if its june though_also I agree with your quote kenny
#6TBONE_OG(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2014 9:10:07 AM
You guys should voice your opinion and ideas on Xbox Feedback.

http://xbox.uservoice.com/

I added this info to the OP.
---
Always O.G.
#7Reece504Posted 6/13/2014 9:12:52 AM
Any news on playing movies off of external hdd yet?
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#8pblimp360Posted 6/13/2014 9:14:06 AM
Snap Mode for Achievements is badass. I am all for that s***. and getting help with the tougher ones is cool.

I'd love to hear some news on custom music though. Both MS and Sony are devoid of this current;y.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#9DamnEvilDogPosted 6/13/2014 9:14:49 AM
I admit this update really has nothing for me to be excited about, the fact they are constantly updating the consoles with new features and making it easy for us to give input on what we would like is bloody awesome.

First time on any console I have ever owned where I felt like I had some say in things I wanted!
---
XBL: DamnEvilDog PSN: DamnEvilDog
#10slowdog76Posted 6/13/2014 9:19:05 AM
the only worthwhile thing, though i use the term loosely, is the achievement snap app. they seem to have become less of a "thing" so far
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius