With the Cloud available, Will we see trees growing in real-time in Fable?

#1boogerwooger_2Posted 6/13/2014 10:00:25 AM
lol, joking, this board needs some good vibes.

Anyone remember how ambitious Fable was?

Now with the cloud, it might help.

Here's to Fable blowing me away, the E3 demo looked more amazing than I had anticipated.
---
The Internet In 10 Words:
Being Completely Right And Having People Hate You For It.
#2este914Posted 6/13/2014 10:00:55 AM
I don't get it. Any of it.
---
.The One ... [ este914 ] ... The Only.
Knowledge Speaks. Wisdom Listens.
#3LotrMorgothPosted 6/13/2014 10:02:06 AM
did PM go so far as to say you would see it growing or that over the course of an adventure you could plant a seed that would one day be a tree?
---
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -Bilbo
gamertag: smeaGollum4
#4boogerwooger_2(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2014 10:02:46 AM
este914 posted...
I don't get it. Any of it.

Then perhaps this topic isnt for you.
---
#5boogerwooger_2(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2014 10:06:19 AM
LotrMorgoth posted...
did PM go so far as to say you would see it growing or that over the course of an adventure you could plant a seed that would one day be a tree?

I believe the quote was trees growing in real-time, but you could be right.

I saw the video again a few months ago, and they also showed off dynamic weather(seasons), and its effects on the environment like leaves turning orange, falling off, and eventually growing back.

If I can find the video Ill post the link.
---
#6Neoreloaded313Posted 6/13/2014 10:26:08 AM
Have to be playing long term so see trees growing in real time, I dont see the point.
#7boogerwooger_2(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2014 4:16:09 PM
Neoreloaded313 posted...
Have to be playing long term so see trees growing in real time, I dont see the point.

I understand what you mean, but in-game clocks are usually sped up in order for players to witness the days change a few times during a few hour session.

Obviously we weren't going to watch trees grow, but rather a simulation in sync with the time frame in which it takes a player to complete the game.

A pretty clear concept if you ask me, I don't see how it would make sense to actually watch a tree grow.........is that idea REALLY what you took away from this topic??

If so, you should probably re-evaluate your critical thinking skills when it comes to games like this.

Sorry if I came off as a dick, but I hate it when people take 5 seconds to assess a topic, and blurt out the first dumb thing on their mind.
---
#8iamdanthamanPosted 6/13/2014 4:28:45 PM
Yup, you'll be able to watch paint dry in real time too.
---
All your base are belong to us
#9_Elite_Bushido_Posted 6/13/2014 4:29:50 PM
boogerwooger_2 posted...
lol, joking, this board needs some good vibes.

Anyone remember how ambitious Fable was?

Now with the cloud, it might help.

Here's to Fable blowing me away, the E3 demo looked more amazing than I had anticipated.

The new fable isn't what you think it is
---
$ony Ponie$ and trolls- http://tinyurl.com/lalpn7d
PS4, Mediocrity awaits. --------- FC: 0834-1795-7959
#10scoobydoobydontPosted 6/13/2014 7:47:10 PM
They could have done the tree thing, it isn't an especially process intensive thing to do with a single tree (entire forests would be a different matter altogether), the reason it didn't happen was it wasn't really in the plans and it was a silly idea that Molyneux just blurted out in an interview. No one was going to waste precious development time on randomized growth of a tree (non-randomized would have been unsatisfying, everyone would have the exact same tree in every playthrough then).

Which is kind of too bad; if they had you plant it as a child at the very beginning and somehow justified the bandits/marauders at the beginning not burning it down, then had you carve your initials in it as a teen, it would have been a neat little 'look how things have changed' thing by the end of the game. Kind of like in Fallout 3 when you see the picture of you and your dad again at the end. More so if you took evil paths in those games because it would remind you of the more innocent times before you became a monster.
---
http://i.imgur.com/MBPlg7Z.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/EOiBtT2.gif