Question about the Kinect less XB1

#1InfiniteHEROPosted 6/13/2014 10:49:59 AM
Was wondering if there have been any tweeks or anything like faster install times and such?

Im thinking of getting one because I cant wipe Sunset Overdrive out of my head but I had one at launch and install times were killer to me almost as bad or worse than PS3,

Thanks
---
PSN: Infinite_HERO79
#2LotrMorgothPosted 6/13/2014 10:50:54 AM
i bought mine after e3 and was expecting long install time given what I heard; updated xbox and installed watch dogs in like 15 minutes; also updated controller but don't know what that was about
---
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -Bilbo
gamertag: smeaGollum4
#3InfiniteHERO(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2014 10:52:52 AM
LotrMorgoth posted...
i bought mine after e3 and was expecting long install time given what I heard; updated xbox and installed watch dogs in like 15 minutes; also updated controller but don't know what that was about

I guess I can live with that but when I had mine before stuff like Forza and such took forever... 15 mins though compared to a minute or two and playing on Ps4 off the disc is huge...
---
#4dnmtPosted 6/13/2014 10:57:17 AM
Install times have remained the same since launch.
#5InfiniteHERO(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2014 11:22:52 AM
dnmt posted...

Why wont they work on this... ugh
---
#6SoulTrapperPosted 6/13/2014 11:27:47 AM
InfiniteHERO posted...
dnmt posted...

They are supposedly working on it.

Spencer or one of the other higher ups said they need to work on it and that they were working on it, but that was a few months ago.

From what I've read on this board, it helps if you disable your internet connection, for some reason this speeds up install time.
#7InfiniteHERO(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2014 12:58:05 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
InfiniteHERO posted...
dnmt posted...

Spencer or one of the other higher ups said they need to work on it and that they were working on it, but that was a few months ago.

From what I've read on this board, it helps if you disable your internet connection, for some reason this speeds up install time.

Seeing other than a post long ago saying the install times were bad and we have to work on this there hasnt been anything else.. is this something that can actually be fixed or is it kind of something you live with like PS3 owners had to?
---
#8SoulTrapperPosted 6/13/2014 1:19:43 PM
InfiniteHERO posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
InfiniteHERO posted...
dnmt posted...

Seeing other than a post long ago saying the install times were bad and we have to work on this there hasnt been anything else.. is this something that can actually be fixed or is it kind of something you live with like PS3 owners had to?

I think it's something they can fix.

If the ps4 can do it, there is no reason why it wouldn't be possible on the xbox one.

It's just requires some work on the OS most likely, but I'm not sure if it's a priority for them at this point, so it might take quite some time.
#9MJFJDPosted 6/13/2014 1:20:54 PM
I only had the long install times with the launch games. Recent stuff has been much quicker.
#10crucialPosted 6/13/2014 1:22:51 PM
I heard they are working on something with Cloud where you will be able to play said game as soon as it starts to DL,no wait or anything,not how it is now,but yes TC this needs to be worked on,I am guessing it will stream through the Cloud while it finsishes DLing right off the bat,this would solve everything.