So what does Xbone have against this Bloodborne trailer?

#111Bestia_SomniaPosted 6/14/2014 5:53:23 AM
InjusticeReborn posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...

Not being interested or being irritated by console fanboys is no excuse to hate a game, especially one that hasn't been released yet.

Why didn't we see more of this mentality with Titanfall and Sunset Overdrive?! :O

Bestia_Somnia posted...

Bloodborne looks to be the true successor to Demon's Souls. The atmosphere looks more depressingly gritty and the gameplay seems to be aiming for a high difficulty. No map, no linear hand-holding path, swarmed by way more on-screen enemies and no more hiding behind overpowered shields as the end-all solution.

I still have yet to watch the trailer a second time, but from what I remember, all I saw was the main character fighting down linear paths? :/

Developer interviews and people who saw the build suggest otherwise. Apparently the whole town is accessible and there is impressive freedom for a Souls-type game. There will be a lot of paths and hidden areas, and no map so that it's possible to get lost. A lot of the barricades can be destroyed. Discovery will play a big part.

It might have looked linear in the trailer, but honestly there are bound to be various alleyways and dead-end paths where you can get jumped by enemies or confused.
---
FFXIV (Moogle); Join the KUPO Free Company - One of the top ranked FCs of the server (http://kupofc.eu)
#112InjusticeRebornPosted 6/14/2014 6:08:01 AM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
InjusticeReborn posted...

I still have yet to watch the trailer a second time, but from what I remember, all I saw was the main character fighting down linear paths? :/

Developer interviews and people who saw the build suggest otherwise. Apparently the whole town is accessible and there is impressive freedom for a Souls-type game. There will be a lot of paths and hidden areas, and no map so that it's possible to get lost. A lot of the barricades can be destroyed. Discovery will play a big part.

It might have looked linear in the trailer, but honestly there are bound to be various alleyways and dead-end paths where you can get jumped by enemies or confused.

Ah, there we go then, I haven't chased up on interviews etc.

Nowadays I rarely do. I'm under the belief that if I know as little as possible about a game I'm looking forward to leading up to it's release, I'll enjoy it more so when I actually get to play it.

That, and I'm lazy as hell following games, even though it's easier than ever this day and age. :P
---
A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. What about my PlayStation?
#113leatheljPosted 6/14/2014 6:55:08 AM
You ppl talk about this game in the xbox board then the play station one please stop and go back to your board.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#114cooolioPosted 6/14/2014 9:58:41 AM
UnknownToaster posted...
Enclave posted...

How is it a poor mans Dark Souls when it's made by the same people as Dark Souls?

Ah hah but it ISN'T Dark Souls. Near as I can tell this has non of the elements that makes Dark Souls awesome.

Then you must be blind. All the previews have said that so far, the only real difference that has been showcased is the combat. Actually, I do not see how you could tell whether or not it lacks any of the elements of Dark Souls when you have not even seen anything besides a cinematic trailer and a tiny bit of gameplay. It does not like you actually used your brain.
#115ExempliGratiaPosted 6/14/2014 10:02:11 AM
Souls series barely sold 1-2 mil. It's has a cult following. A lot of people don't care for the series. I know that's why I'm not interested in it at all.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#116DreadmasterXDPosted 6/14/2014 8:42:33 PM
From what I've seen on this board people bring Dark Souls sales and say Bloodborne won't be a system seller, then I see people say Phantom Dust will be a system seller when it sold 110,000 copies (that's correct right?). Funny how that works. The Souls series and Phantom are both great games but I don't think sales alone would determine what's a system seller and what isn't.
---
PSN: PhD_Chemikill || XBL: PhD Chemikill
Official Manus Catalyst of the Dark Souls Board
#117Homie_202Posted 6/14/2014 9:58:12 PM
UnknownToaster posted...
So.... it's a poor mans Dark Souls?

I mean I don't see it bringing anything new to the table.

Another victory for Pc master Race?

It's not a poor mans dark souls it is the next souls game.
#118Homie_202Posted 6/14/2014 10:02:51 PM
Fenriswolf posted...
Apex-Player posted...
Fenriswolf
I won't credit Sony for the Souls games either.

Lol great. Everything sells better then Souls.
Guess who doesn't care? People who prefer the Souls series.

Not giving credit to Sony when they funded the game that started the series to be made in the first place... LOL shaders on.
If they never funded Demons there's a real possibility the series would have never been made.

I can't take you serious anymore, there's a blind fanboy line and you crossed it.
Regular fanboy, no worries, blind fanboy = LOL every time now.

Last time I checked, From Software created the game, not Sony. DS's predecessors Kings Field and Shadow Tower are anything but mainstream. And who published Demons Souls in the West? Atlus.

Yes Atlus published in the west but Sony funded demons souls from day one.
#119Homie_202Posted 6/14/2014 10:04:34 PM
DreadmasterXD posted...
From what I've seen on this board people bring Dark Souls sales and say Bloodborne won't be a system seller, then I see people say Phantom Dust will be a system seller when it sold 110,000 copies (that's correct right?). Funny how that works. The Souls series and Phantom are both great games but I don't think sales alone would determine what's a system seller and what isn't.

Fanboys are blind. Bloodborne will sell systems. It may not be a ton of systems but it will move some. The fans of the soul series are hardcore fans of the franchise. Most will be willing to pick up a system to play the newest entry.
#120scoobydoobydontPosted 6/14/2014 10:07:23 PM
As a From Soft fan since the original (US) King's Field, some of you on both sides are going more than a little overboard building up/tearing down what this game will end up being. It's a Souls-esque spin-off. It's not a poor man's Souls just because you don't get it on your Xbone, nor is every non-PS exclusive Souls a poor man's version of the PS exclusives. Get a freaking grip. From's games are not the product of a single visionary genius, and there is no "B-team". There's games Sony helped with and games Sony didn't help with, and whether one is better than the other is purely a matter of opinion.
---
http://i.imgur.com/MBPlg7Z.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/EOiBtT2.gif