Anyone else just straight up bored of FPS after the 360 gen

#1mrpicPosted 6/13/2014 12:03:05 PM
personally i wish they were working on making different games instead of so many fps's a year

just took a look at destiny and all i can think is its just a reskin of call of duty style gameplay and there are so many others coming too
#2DarthUchiha91Posted 6/13/2014 12:05:06 PM
I wouldn't say bored. More like extremely picky.
---
The Delay game is GOTY 2014!
#3BaronVladzPosted 6/13/2014 12:06:27 PM
mrpic posted...
personally i wish they were working on making different games instead of so many fps's a year

just took a look at destiny and all i can think is its just a reskin of call of duty style gameplay and there are so many others coming too

Personally I'm excited for Destiny because it's more of an RPG FPS like Borderlands with leveling and loot system, rather than straight dudebro FPS like COD/BF
#4Excal1burPosted 6/13/2014 12:06:41 PM
I get the most bang for the buck from FPS. I almost always play them more than any other type of game because i enjoy competitive Multi player. I may enjoy a game like GTAV more on the first play through but it kind of ends their.
#5shawnmckPosted 6/13/2014 12:08:07 PM
LoL..No!
That's like asking if we're "tired of video-games?"
#6pblimp360Posted 6/13/2014 12:09:18 PM
To the topic. Nope.

If a game is good no matter the genre I'll play it. I don't let an overabundance of it stop my enjoyment because well...that'd be pretty stupid to do.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#7Joey-ZazaPosted 6/13/2014 12:10:30 PM
Yeah definitely agree with you there TC. It just feels like every single one is the same after a while.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#8mrpic(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2014 12:13:22 PM
i just looked at the big releases that im probably getting soon and noticed

destiny and evolve are fps so questioned myself on how many fps are actually coming out this year and even just on xb1 there are lots and there are lots more planned
#9ChiggaMuskPosted 6/13/2014 12:17:29 PM
I agree as well TC. I'm honestly relieved that Sunset Over Drive is the way it is. Also, the new Tomb Raider should be pretty awesome if it's anything like 2013's. Now if someone would make another game similar to Catherine. Love me some variety.
#10X_F_L_A_W_XPosted 6/13/2014 12:25:07 PM
I'm not bored of them, but then again I don't play any online FPS titles so I've had a lot less exposure to them than people who play them almost exclusively.

The only FPS franchises I really played last gen were Bioshock, F.E.A.R., The Darkness, and Condemned (though it's not much of a shooter), so I'm not burnt out on them. I'll be doing the same thing this gen and sticking to story-based FPS games with a strong single-player component, so they're just like any other genre to me.
---
We all give up eventually...