Wasn't sure which console to post this on...

#1megaman735Posted 6/13/2014 12:10:15 PM
But I guess this is where a lot of the hate happens.

I think the arguments between the consoles are pointless. If someone has a fair amount of knowledge on the consoles, you will not change their opinion through debate. I believe that the Xbox One and PS4 are roughly equal (I am aware how dangerous that is to say here) but they differ slightly through popularity, layout and the system itself.

Sony have a great controller design, make incredible games, and have more power to their consoles.

Microsoft's games aren't as mind blowing, but are still pretty fun (Crackdown, Dead Rising, etc.) and a lot of people simply find the console more comfortable to play on. They also have Windows, so they pretty much dominate the PC gaming market.

Finally, Nintendo. The big one. Nintendo are quite hit and miss. The main goal is innovation, which either hits (wii, 3DS) or misses (wii u, virtual boy). However, Nintendo's biggest advantage is its style. Most of the games available are exclusives, and these are the games that go down in history (Mario Kart, Pokemon etc.)

By actual facts, it can pretty much be correctly stated that the PS4 is better than the Xbox One. This doesn't mean everyone is going to agree with you. There's no accounting for taste.

That went much longer than expected.

TL;DR: Consoles are equal, own opinions, blah blah.
I ramble.
And I am very good at building walls.

I am a current wii u owner, and am currently deliberating whether to get the PS4, Xbox One, or neither

Say what you will, I just wanted to post this.
---
White FC: 1550-6466-0750
#2bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 6/13/2014 12:35:49 PM
Stopped reading at "Sony *has a great controller design"
#3gofghxgPosted 6/13/2014 12:41:01 PM
I like Xbox & Nintendo.
---
3DS FC: 2423-2224-4226
The starter Gym Leader of The Gamefaqs Region.
#4billsfanno1Posted 6/13/2014 12:43:06 PM
So what does your mother think about this, TC?
#5pwnater777Posted 6/13/2014 12:45:06 PM
All three 8th-gen consoles will be defnitely be worth owning by the end of the year.

/topic
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#6LEGEND_725Posted 6/13/2014 12:48:02 PM
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...

---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#7OpheliaAdenadePosted 6/13/2014 12:50:54 PM
I think both the controllers are nice. :u
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#8megaman735(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2014 3:37:40 AM
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...

Damn, I was trying to stay neutral between all three.

"Sony have a fairly well-liked controller design" would have been better.
---
White FC: 1550-6466-0750
#9Chaos_EvolvedPosted 6/14/2014 3:48:52 AM
megaman735 posted...
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...

Damn, I was trying to stay neutral between all three.

"Sony have a fairly well-liked controller design" would have been better.

i don't get why you make a post, end it with 'I'm good at building walls', as if you weren't going to reply (but then you do). Why even make a post on a discussion board if, you know, you don't intend on having a discussion?

Anyways, I consider myself at least a semi-rational consumer. I don't adhere to a brand blindly.

I bought 2 360's, had xbl for 6 years, and switched to PS4 for one reason only: because MS, this time around, decided to DRM, require online, and have a mandatory kinect, all the while essentially smack-talking gamers who disagreed, only to later turn around and backtrack on ALL of those and act as if they were on my side the whole time.

I really hate that kind of marketing campaign
#10mcnichojPosted 6/14/2014 3:50:27 AM
megaman735 posted...
If someone has a fair amount of knowledge on the consoles, you will not change their opinion through debate.
Haha, implying fanboys have even a small amount of knowledge.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. Day one PS4/X1. | Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy.