Controller wont power up console?

#1wyldsidePosted 6/13/2014 3:34:43 PM
I've had it for a grand total of two days. Once I'm in the game it works perfectly, and the first day I used it to turn the console on and shut it down. Now Its not working at all, I never paired it up out of the box, could that be the issue? I also read on another post that doing a hard reset might work,can someone smarter than me give me their opinion
#2kennyynnooPosted 6/13/2014 3:39:07 PM
Just unplug it for 15sec.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#3RockguyKevPosted 6/13/2014 7:38:08 PM
Expect lots of these little issues to pop up until you've cycled through all of your system updates. After each update I lose something (voice commands, controller on, 5.1 audio, all things that have randomly disappeared) until I hard reset then all is good again.
#4boolzeroPosted 6/13/2014 7:50:37 PM
Like the last poster said, though it happens to some not all. Also, you might want to update your controllers as well through the settings menu option (you'll need to connect them to the system via the charge cord)!
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#5SteveAustin268xPosted 6/13/2014 8:50:06 PM
If your system is set to instant on, when there is a system update you always need to power the system on from the console itself
---
If you want my signature, you have to pay first.
#6CrownedOne03Posted 6/13/2014 10:37:34 PM
Yep every time there is an update, you gotta walk your tail to the console itself to turn it on, then your controller and kinect will turn it on after it's been installed.