1080p gaming, should it be standard?

#51Spetsnaz420Posted 6/14/2014 10:26:38 PM
Are there people here who think FPS doesn't matter? Is this real?
---
Saw an Xbox 1, turned one degree and tripped over it
#52kyncaniPosted 6/14/2014 11:48:32 PM
I'd rather have 30 fps than stuttering here and there.

720p is sufficient on Xbox One.
#53MightyMunaPosted 6/14/2014 11:50:48 PM
Styrof0am posted...
TC, not even the PS4 board cares about looks ...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/69321249
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/69420484

... And I agree with them; gameplay > "oooh, pretty".
The only people who seem to care, are the trolls on the XB1 board.

MightyMuna posted...
Simple question to people who disagree that 1080p should be standard:

WHEN should it be standard? Please be specific.

Never.

Diablo II is SVGA (800x600 pxl) natively, and is a game I still whip out from time to time. Can't say the same for DIII, and increasing the resolution for it's 8th generation iteration will not change that. DIII may look stunning compared to DII, but what doesn it matter if the gameplay is boring and repetitive?

No offense, but you make no sense. What does resolution have to do with fun? Are they mutually exclusive?
#54MightyMunaPosted 6/15/2014 12:03:40 AM
kyncani posted...
I'd rather have 30 fps than stuttering here and there.

720p is sufficient on Xbox One.

I disagree. 720p is not sufficient. If these consoles are going to live up to the length of their predecessors, then 720p just won't suffice.

Games being released in 2022 at 720p is downright awful. It's akin to releasing a 480p game on Xbox 360 in 2014.

Every generation, standards change, this generation shouldn't be an aberration.
#55Styrof0amPosted 6/15/2014 2:12:45 AM
MightyMuna posted...
No offense, but you make no sense. What does resolution have to do with fun? Are they mutually exclusive?

Non taken, and my point is simply, that resolution has no impact on the fun factor. If it did then games like Doom, Diablo II and countless other wouldn't hold up so long after release. THPS HD remale is a snoozefest, whereas playing the original on PSX or DC is still fun to this day.

If a game is both fun and run in 1080, then that's just icing on the cake, but if a dev needs to run a game in 720p (or lower) to put more enemies, moving objects or other stuff that affect the fun factor in a game on screen, then I vote they do that. Removing objects to get the coveted 1080 resolution is not a good idea.

---

No commentary. No advertisements. Gameplay only ... http://www.youtube.com/user/kyllingefod
#56MightyMunaPosted 6/15/2014 3:37:32 AM
Styrof0am posted...
MightyMuna posted...

Non taken, and my point is simply, that resolution has no impact on the fun factor. If it did then games like Doom, Diablo II and countless other wouldn't hold up so long after release. THPS HD remale is a snoozefest, whereas playing the original on PSX or DC is still fun to this day.

If a game is both fun and run in 1080, then that's just icing on the cake, but if a dev needs to run a game in 720p (or lower) to put more enemies, moving objects or other stuff that affect the fun factor in a game on screen, then I vote they do that. Removing objects to get the coveted 1080 resolution is not a good idea.

I kinda understand what you're saying, however, with that logic, they might as well makes games 240p and put a billion objects, enemies and other stuff.
#57TenzhiPosted 6/15/2014 3:57:30 AM
MightyMuna posted...
I kinda understand what you're saying, however, with that logic, they might as well makes games 240p and put a billion objects, enemies and other stuff.

If they made a game like that and it was fun, I wouldn't complain. Extreme Katamari.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#58YumeOMiruPosted 6/15/2014 4:35:19 AM
1080p minimum.
---
Having a dream is essential to live.