Why are people so upset over some games being less than 1080p?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why are people so upset over some games being less than 1080p?
1 year ago#21
Pokerkid777 posted...
There's already barely a difference between 480p and 1080p. So something like 900p and 1080p are practically the same.

spoken like a true peasant
1 year ago#22
rusty12000 posted...
If you have a large HD TV and you eye sight is good. you should have no problem seeing the difference.

You mean those huge $4000 flat tv's? Why in the world woukd any developer require something so absurdly expensive just to see a sharper image?
---
Tennis is the sport for gods I tell you. MOTHER****ING GODS!
1 year ago#23
I have a 40" and sit anywhere from 8-13' away from it, and the only difference I really see is better blacks and better looking textures. Besides that, the picture quality between 720-900-1080P is minimal to myself. This is just my opinion however.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix | PSN: xFrostxPhoenix
GSU Comp Sci C/O 2015 | XB1;360;PS4;N64;SNES
1 year ago#24
Pokerkid777 posted...
There's already barely a difference between 480p and 1080p....

Stopped reading there...
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
1 year ago#25
1080p is trueHD my friend.
---
"the sourness of 720/900p resolutions" XB1M13 < shazbot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
1 year ago#26
Pokerkid777 posted...
There's already barely a difference between 480p and 1080p. So something like 900p and 1080p are practically the same.

As if I need anymore reason not to take you seriously..........
---
The Delay game is GOTY 2014!
1 year ago#27
Pokerkid777 posted...
rusty12000 posted...
If you have a large HD TV and you eye sight is good. you should have no problem seeing the difference.

You mean those huge $4000 flat tv's? Why in the world woukd any developer require something so absurdly expensive just to see a sharper image?

Haha what? I got a 40inch full hd sony bravia on sale for $500 and the difference between resolution is MASSIVE... you should really invest in a new tv I have a feeling it will blow your mind
---
Psn: DirtyJoeBro XBL: joe1ah feel free to add me
1 year ago#28
Because on the lower resolutions, on big tv's, games look pixelated
1 year ago#29
Shatter123 posted...
Next gen console, plays barley better than last.

Why spend a lot of money on new tech with a small library of games again?

No.
---
Couldn't care less = you don't care one single bit.
Could care less = you do care, at least a little.
1 year ago#30
yiangaruuuga posted...
I have a 40" and sit anywhere from 8-13' away from it, and the only difference I really see is better blacks and better looking textures. Besides that, the picture quality between 720-900-1080P is minimal to myself. This is just my opinion however.

From what I understand the difference between 720p and 1080p isn't really noticeable until you get into the bigger size tv's (like 50' and above).

The answer to this question is simple; there really isn't a whole lot to differentiate these new systems so people are latching onto whatever they can.
---
John Kirkwood March 13th, 1951-May 7th, 2010. God rest your soul, Dad.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why are people so upset over some games being less than 1080p?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived