Power wise - what PC set up would be equivalent to ps4/xbox one?

#31mokmuudPosted 6/17/2014 12:45:34 AM
BilliePilgrim posted...
CapwnD posted...
BilliePilgrim posted...
mokmuud posted...
Why half ass it

Hope you don't own any consoles.

Why? mokmudd is right. If you're fortunate enough to have a gaming PC you should be doing it right.

Because consoles are the definition of half-assing it, if you could even call it half.

Not really. Each console and the PC offers me something different . That's why I own all 3 current gen consoles and a vita and 3ds as well as my PC.
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#32Pixx0Posted 6/17/2014 1:49:11 AM
DamnEvilDog posted...
You know what I find funny? people always say "we have had 1080p 60fps gaming on PC for years!" and yet will your.. I dunno $500 PC from 5years ago run Destiniy at those numbers?

What about the PC you build today for around that price in 5years? will you be able to play the same games at Xbox One and PS4 at the same numbers?.

Guess what. Yes. Unless you're on cracks and think consoles can draw extra power out of nowhere.
Not sure what drug you're using, but keep some for others.

And stay away from tech more complicated than Gameboy-level. It's too much for you pal.
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#33DamnEvilDogPosted 6/17/2014 2:39:10 AM(edited)
Pixx0 posted...
DamnEvilDog posted...
You know what I find funny? people always say "we have had 1080p 60fps gaming on PC for years!" and yet will your.. I dunno $500 PC from 5years ago run Destiniy at those numbers?

What about the PC you build today for around that price in 5years? will you be able to play the same games at Xbox One and PS4 at the same numbers?.

Guess what. Yes. Unless you're on cracks and think consoles can draw extra power out of nowhere.
Not sure what drug you're using, but keep some for others.

And stay away from tech more complicated than Gameboy-level. It's too much for you pal.

Throwing insults, typical.

Devs will be able to utilize console power better in the future, so I am not sure why you decided to have a melt down and throw insults at me when you know that it is true.

As the years roll on your lttle gaming PC you put togther will not be able to handle newer games at higher settings.

I had two nvidia GeForce 295s in SLI mode along with my i7 and 12GB and Witcher 2 did not run so hot, till I replated the two cards with a mid ranged nvidia 650 card which let me run the game a bit better.

So yeah I know how to build and put togther computers, so you should maybe not be so quick to throw insults, so again, think before you post.. or just shut up so you don't make a fool of youre self.
---
XBL: DamnEvilDog PSN: DamnEvilDog
#34Dark_SpiretPosted 6/17/2014 3:15:00 AM
the same can be said for driver optimizations as well tho. nvidia just rolled out the 337.88 drivers and it had a pretty substantial increase in most new games across the board. then you have dx12 coming later which is supposedly going to offer a massive increase and potentially mantle. Your always going to have devs optimizing hardcore for consoles, but with better techniques the days of needing to upgrade pc's every 3-4 years(if youre still worried about playing on high-max) could start to drastically stretch.
---
Currently playing: Wolfenstein TNO - Transistor - Dishonored
#35LapanuiPosted 6/17/2014 3:38:47 AM
In the UK, it would be impossible to build a PC that could match a PS4 or an X1 and be the same price.

The PS4 and X1 are 350 each, the X1 will come without Kinect of course.

The R9 270 is atleast 100, atleast 100 for the CPU. The RAM would about 30 to 40. That's 240 and we haven't bought a Motherboard (26+), HDD (35), PSU (30+), Case (20), Peripherals (10), Optical Drive (20), OS (75). So far it's 456 and the majority of these are crappy brand parts. With a PSU, you want to get a decent one. I haven't included a Monitor because people would complain that you wouldn't buy a TV each time you get a new console.

I wouldn't want to build a PC with crappy parts, even if I went with the most powerful PC, I just wouldn't buy crappy branded parts. I would want to make sure my PC lasted me a good while, which it probably wouldn't. They get slow after usage. I bought an SSD for the first time a couple of months ago and did a fresh installation on it. Everything is a lot faster compared to using a HDD, but that was also because I had filled up 1TB of data.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#36Pixx0Posted 6/17/2014 4:23:45 AM(edited)
DamnEvilDog posted...

As the years roll on your lttle gaming PC you put togther will not be able to handle newer games at higher settings..

yes because we all know it's different for consoles which will magically reach 2K res and beyond, huh huh.

*eats popcorn*

keep digging your hole pal, you're almost as entertaining as the MS reveal team, almost.

Also:
"I had two nvidia GeForce 295s in SLI mode along with my i7 and 12GB and Witcher 2 did not run so hot, till I replated the two cards with a mid ranged nvidia 650 card which let me run the game a bit better."

Maybe you should just run the game using console settings and stop trying to run a demanding game at high settings using two crapstatic cards or a terrible single one.
You know how to assemble PCs maybe, but you're just terrible when it comes to optimizing your purchases (just like for consoles btw hahah).

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-the-witcher-2-tech-analysis

the greatness of consoles: 720p, and all sorts of low settings for almost everything. Keep sending me ammo please.
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#37g7g7g7g7Posted 6/17/2014 3:58:40 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
There is no need to counter them. People already have built $500 pc's that drastically outperform current consoles in multiplat games. You are the one making stuff up and adding in silly costs. I love how people like to count the OS too when console gamers pay ridiculous amounts for online play.

No you are lying through your teeth there is no $500 PC that "drastically outperform" current consoles, it will beat them out in a few games as I stated but not everything.
---
"You know what's most annoying about hearing neighbors having sex?,
When it's too quiet*" - Umbongo
#38blingbling078Posted 6/17/2014 6:25:10 AM
Everyone forgets the memory overhead to run windows and other functions on pc...
#39SolisPosted 6/17/2014 6:48:02 AM
blingbling078 posted...
Everyone forgets the memory overhead to run windows and other functions on pc...

And far more people forget the memory overhead on the new consoles. Ironically, and hilariously, PCs actually have a SUBSTANTIALLY lower memory reservation for system level functionality than any current console (which currently sits at 1GB on the Wii U, and a whopping 3GB on the Xbox One and PS4).
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#40BilliePilgrimPosted 6/17/2014 6:53:51 AM(edited)
blingbling078 posted...

What overhead?
http://i.imgur.com/PBnBoKS.png

ETA: killed 1GB of RAM usage by closing most of my background tasks. That's under 2GB compared to the XO's 3 and 0-5% CPU compared to XO's 10% (Kinect).
---
i5 2500k @ 4.2| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://i.imgur.com/9bAOZZq.jpg