UK users - returning faulty xbox

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. UK users - returning faulty xbox
1 year ago#1
Anyone in the UK managed to return their broken console to the shop and get a replacement there and then? Argos are saying if i take mine in, all they will do is send it off to MS for repair. I know they legally can do that, but back when the RROD was effecting the 360 im sure Game/Gamestation just replaced mine no questions asked
1 year ago#2
You've always had to send your consoles off for a replacement as far as I know, only time a store will replace it is is you took out a specific store warranty when you bought the console, which most people didnt do because the console is covered under the manufactures warranty anyway.

Saying that in the uk, you have a 30 day period after buying the console to take it back to the store if it doesn't work as intended. After that period though it's down to the manufacturer to fix it.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
1 year ago#3
Please note all video games consoles are excluded from the Argos 30 day money back guarantee. Please ensure you read the specification on the box before installation. We also cannot accept back video gaming software under our 30 day money back guarantee if the plastic wrapping has been unsealed – this does not affect your statutory rights.
If a product is excluded from our 30–day money–back guarantee, it is clearly marked by a † next to the product name in the catalogue and on this website.

Always read the terms and conditions
---
They picked an allegiance to a system. And they defend it and will lay their own lives for the console of their choosing. The Game of Consoles is just starting.
1 year ago#4
Cheers, whats the turnaround time in the UK? (Or Germany wherever the console actually goes)
1 year ago#5
garydavexxx posted...
Please note all video games consoles are excluded from the Argos 30 day money back guarantee. Please ensure you read the specification on the box before installation. We also cannot accept back video gaming software under our 30 day money back guarantee if the plastic wrapping has been unsealed – this does not affect your statutory rights.
If a product is excluded from our 30–day money–back guarantee, it is clearly marked by a † next to the product name in the catalogue and on this website.

Whilst you are correct about this, it's still covered for 30 days after purchase by the Consumer Protection Act 1987 in the uk, meaning you can return it if it doesn't work as advertised whether it is open or not. Don't believe everything you read in the terms and conditions, they are still legally obliged to replace it if it falls under that 30 day window.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
1 year ago#6
a123454321 posted...
Cheers, whats the turnaround time in the UK? (Or Germany wherever the console actually goes)

About a week or so.

We sent one off last week, got it back broken. D:<
---
GT/PSN: Focian
RIP Rik Mayall (7 March 1958 9 June 2014) "I love GIVING IT to the poor! Woof!"
1 year ago#7
MrSpaM111 posted...
garydavexxx posted...

Whilst you are correct about this, it's still covered for 30 days after purchase by the Consumer Protection Act 1987 in the uk, meaning you can return it if it doesn't work as advertised whether it is open or not. Don't believe everything you read in the terms and conditions, they are still legally obliged to replace it if it falls under that 30 day window.

Replace or repair. Was hoping to get a straight swap, doubt i will though
1 year ago#8
a123454321 posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
garydavexxx posted...

Replace or repair. Was hoping to get a straight swap, doubt i will though

If you bought it less than 30 days ago, they are legally obliged to replace it on the spot if it doesn't work, anywhere after that 30 day period, they'll just send it off for repair, which tbh, you are probably just better off doing yourself.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
1 year ago#9
Yea its 7 month old :(
1 year ago#10
To add, the issue with my console is a squeaky fan, that is pretty audible even when gaming. Would that be classed as a fault and be repaired?
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. UK users - returning faulty xbox

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived