Convince me to buy an Xbox One before I get a Wii U.

#1dataDyneSoldierPosted 6/16/2014 11:24:14 AM
I made another topic asking which one to get, and the overwhelming majority said I should grab a Wii U instead of an Xbox One, on THIS VERY BOARD! Wow!

But rather than just blindly go to the store and buy Nintendo's latest console, I decided to give you guys a chance to convince me to buy an Xbox One without Wii U even being a part of the equation. That's right, I want no mention of that console.

I want you guys to sell me on an Xbox One before I go out and buy the other console.

But here is some history. I made the jump to current-gen recently, and after doing some research decided to go with a Playstation 4 due to it having exclusives I am interested in, and the fact that all multi-console games look better on it. Graphics do matter, whether people want to admit it or not.

But now I decided that I'd like to have a second console, and it's either going to be a Wii U or an Xbox One. So here are some things to point out before you guys try to sell me on an Xbox One:

-I hate Halo. I think it's a terrible first-person shooter series that has got incredibly stale. A collection with a bunch of Halo games does nothing to convince me to buy an Xbox One.

-Sunset Overdrive looks like it's aimed at three year olds, so that's another exclusive I really don't care for.

-Are there ANY exclusives for Xbox One that make the console worth picking up?

-Why did Microsoft backtrack on so many of the announcements they made about the console in the first place? Not gonna lie, I'm quite hesitant to get an Xbox One because I don't know what they'll change next.

So with that in mind, convince me to get an Xbox One instead of a Wii U to compliment my Playstation 4. I don't see a point of having all three, so please don't suggest that.

GO!
---
"You keep shooting. You hope it goes in, and you smile."
Thank you, Teemu Selanne.
#2kennyynnooPosted 6/16/2014 11:27:15 AM
Decide on your own unless you're a 3 y old and stop making these topics, put on your big kid pants and make a decision on what you like.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#3dataDyneSoldier(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2014 11:28:07 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4Ramsus082Posted 6/16/2014 11:30:26 AM
If you have a PS4, I'd recommend not spending money on an XboxOne. Unless the exclusives are worth $399-$499, you'll be spending most of your time on the PS4 with the multiplatform titles.
---
XboxOne poster of the week: billsfann01, for a failed alt attempt
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/69406320/786257887
#5KID VIDPosted 6/16/2014 11:31:11 AM
Why should anyone try to convince you? It's obvious you already made your choice. I see the stealth-trolling, by the way.
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#6garydavexxxPosted 6/16/2014 11:31:13 AM
It's not our company we don't give a damn about sales. Take the advice be a man and make you're own choices in life, sheep.
---
They picked an allegiance to a system. And they defend it and will lay their own lives for the console of their choosing. The Game of Consoles is just starting.
#7dataDyneSoldier(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2014 11:32:33 AM
garydavexxx posted...
It's not our company we don't give a damn about sales. Take the advice be a man and make you're own choices in life, sheep.

So you're okay with Xbox One sales trailing far behind the competition? I doubt that.
---
"You keep shooting. You hope it goes in, and you smile."
Thank you, Teemu Selanne.
#8That_Damn_KidPosted 6/16/2014 11:34:46 AM
I have all 3 and I am selling my PS4 to a friend this weekend. I feel that having both a Xbox One and PS4 isn't worth it yet. Too much money having to pay for both online services and games. I love my Wii U even though I only have a few games so far.
---
I'm not a kid, I just act like one
GT: ITS DAT DAM KID --- PSN: Lamburghini89/// X1, Wii U, 360, 3DS
#9kennyynnooPosted 6/16/2014 11:38:43 AM
dataDyneSoldier posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
Decide on your own unless you're a 3 y old and stop making these topics, put on your big kid pants and make a decision on what you like.

Are all Xbox fans this immature? Wow.

I'm giving you a chance to boost console sales so it catches up from being far in last place this gen.

Not an Xbox fan, I play them all and could care less about sales numbers.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#10DamnEvilDogPosted 6/16/2014 11:40:47 AM
So you are not wanting Sunset Overdrive cause it looks like it is for three year olds? so wtf are you considering a WiiU? are those games aimed at fetuses?

All you are doing is trolling with you're "do you think Xbox could use another sale"

Quite being a troll.
---
XBL: DamnEvilDog PSN: DamnEvilDog