Convince me to buy an Xbox One before I get a Wii U.

#171Urn_EmployerPosted 7/1/2014 5:01:10 PM
He had no interest in the games listed. Pretty sure all the exclusives have been mentioned and he doesn't want them. What are you supposed to respond with after that?
---
The underscore shall forever haunt me.
#172Darth StalinPosted 7/1/2014 5:11:58 PM
brawl__08 posted...
Darth Stalin posted...
You are calling an M rated game a kids game.

He said the reason for calling it a kids game was that its nature of humor was something more appealing to kids than anyone. Many M-rated games are made with kids in mind because they know kids will rush after those types of games anyways.

Any game I waste my time mentioning will be generic, or if it comes on PC you will say that you will get it for PC. All the games coming out on X1 are listed on the internet, look them up. I'm sure they are all generic or multiplat. Anyway, like I said there is no reason for you to buy an Xbox One. Enjoy your PS4, Wii U and your good PC.

You know, I've been looking over this thread and people are doing a horrible job of responding to the TC. The fact that other people don't bother to just list other games to get the thread over with makes me think they really don't know what to respond with.

If you read thru the all of the pages, pretty much everything was listed on there and he had some reason as to why he shouldn't get it. Sunset Overdrive is not even out yet and they trailer from E3 was not a game for "kids".

Pretty much everthing has been mentioned and he had some reason as to why it sucks, etc. Quantum Break was mentioned, not sure what the response was there. Crackdown 3, Scalebound, Phantom Dust were names I did not see mentioned but he is probably going to call them all generic. Like I said, and a lot of people have mentioned it is MS's job to "convince" hum to buy an Xbox One. I have an X1 and all those games that are generic to him are games that I am looking forward to, so he can enjoy his PS4, PC and Wii U. If he has a PC, there are an abundance of games available for him to buy, and he does not need an X1.
---
XBL Tag- Cruxis Mithos | PSN - Cruxis_Mithos
Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360 and PS3.... Will get a Wii U when SSB comes out.
#173brawl__08Posted 7/1/2014 5:32:17 PM
Urn_Employer posted...
He had no interest in the games listed. Pretty sure all the exclusives have been mentioned and he doesn't want them. What are you supposed to respond with after that?

There are only like two posts that list games and one of them throws in a ton of multiplats that he can already play on his PS4. For a thread with almost 200 posts, that's pretty terrible.

Darth Stalin posted...
If you read thru the all of the pages, pretty much everything was listed on there and he had some reason as to why he shouldn't get it. Sunset Overdrive is not even out yet and they trailer from E3 was not a game for "kids".

It seems more like people focused on his comments for Sunset Overdrive and Halo than they bothered to do with listing other games.

Pretty much everthing has been mentioned and he had some reason as to why it sucks, etc. Quantum Break was mentioned, not sure what the response was there. Crackdown 3, Scalebound, Phantom Dust were names I did not see mentioned but he is probably going to call them all generic. Like I said, and a lot of people have mentioned it is MS's job to "convince" hum to buy an Xbox One. I have an X1 and all those games that are generic to him are games that I am looking forward to, so he can enjoy his PS4, PC and Wii U. If he has a PC, there are an abundance of games available for him to buy, and he does not need an X1.

So if there were three games worth listing that you couldn't find listed in the thread (and I'm having trouble finding them too), then it'd be best for the board to just not respond then instead of constantly trying to make a big deal about this thread.
---
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif
#174dataDyneSoldier(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 10:19:06 AM
Bump
---
"You keep shooting. You hope it goes in, and you smile."
Thank you, Teemu Selanne.
#175googlerPosted 7/2/2014 11:06:14 AM
dataDyneSoldier posted...
Difference being that The Last of Us was a unique game, and the Halo collection is the same generic first person shooter we've been playing for the last ten years.

I don't even like Halo in almost every aspect of it but am not afraid to say that in some respects is the definitive FPS for many no different than Mario can be in the platforming department. It's not like Nintendo didn't rehash anything on the U *ahem wind waker* or that most of its exclusives are the same thing over and over
#176dataDyneSoldier(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 2:45:38 PM
googler posted...
dataDyneSoldier posted...
Difference being that The Last of Us was a unique game, and the Halo collection is the same generic first person shooter we've been playing for the last ten years.

I don't even like Halo in almost every aspect of it but am not afraid to say that in some respects is the definitive FPS for many no different than Mario can be in the platforming department. It's not like Nintendo didn't rehash anything on the U *ahem wind waker* or that most of its exclusives are the same thing over and over

Most of Nintendo's exclusives offer unique gameplay. It's hard to find another game that you can closely compare Mario to, or even Zelda. Maybe Darksiders can be considered similar to Zelda, but they aren't all that similar. Meanwhile Halo is just like so many other first person shooters on the market.

See the difference? Zelda and Mario games are similar to others in their respective series, while Halo is similar to most others in its respective genre.

Anyway, this isn't a topic about Halo. I made it clear in my first post that I don't like Halo, and I'm looking for OTHER exclusives to play on Xbox One. This entire thread is full of people getting angry because I think one series of games isn't anything special.
---
#177chitowngamer85Posted 7/2/2014 3:14:42 PM
If you already have a PS4, it makes little sense to get an XB1 instead of a Wii U. Most major PS4/XB1 releases will be multiplatform on either of those, whereas with the Wii U you get the great 1st party Nintendo days.

But if you keep wanting people to convince you to get the XB1...then maybe you just want the XB1 and you should get that.
---
PSN/Nintendo: BigKurz. PS4/Wii U/PS3/Vita/3DS
Console wars are silly. Just enjoy the games! Try owning multiple systems, its enlightening.
#178dataDyneSoldier(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2014 12:32:29 PM
Still waiting on a list of some GOOD exclusives.
---
#179NekoSlavePosted 7/4/2014 8:50:47 PM
It's not a Nintendo console.
---
An unexpected creeper came in and destroyed everything while you were trying to do something?
I can't think of a better introduction to Minecraft. -Holdemtime
#180stawg007Posted 7/5/2014 7:24:33 AM
Just mark and ignore people, it makes gfaqs much more enjoyable not having to deal with underage users like TC

I refuse to believe there are adults that pathetic