Need to pick up a game for my new Xbone, what to get?

#1h3IIfir3pho3nixPosted 6/16/2014 12:32:44 PM
I'm going to buy a game from Gamestop after work, what would you guys suggest? No preference in regards to genre, just interested in the "best" game out right now.
---
'Well if MS has taught us anything it's that originality isn't always a good thing.' - dnmt
#2Special-EddPosted 6/16/2014 12:35:31 PM
Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare is pretty cool. Its a third person class based shooter with a cartoony style to it. Really fun to pick up and play a few rounds if you get bored of the serious types of shooters.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#3KID VIDPosted 6/16/2014 12:39:09 PM
I suggest not going to GameStop. I don't know what's the best game for the Xbox One since I haven't played them all, but I think Max is a fun and it's free too with Gold.
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#4Gunvalkyrie2Posted 6/16/2014 12:40:23 PM
DR3
---
You are ignoring 9 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#5_Doomguy_Posted 6/16/2014 12:42:25 PM
Titanfall

"But is a dead game"

No it is not. I can find a full match in less than 20 seconds.

"But it lacks content"

So did Quake 2-3 and they were tons of fun.

"But is not even X1 exclusive"

Who cares?
#6ExoticCharmPosted 6/16/2014 1:20:38 PM
Dead Rising 3 is zombie-killing bliss. There have probably been about 50 zombie games in the last 10 years, but this one does just about everything you could ask for in the genre. Also, 2-player coop is there if you have a friend.

Plant vs. Zombies is sort of a surprise hit that gives you an alternative to other shooters. There's a lot of content for the base game, though it quickly becomes a grindfest. It's still a lot of fun. There's also a horde mode to spice things up.

Titanfall is a must-have if you like competitive shooters. It doesn't have as much content as other shooters (ie. no single player story), but it's gameplay is quite different. It's fast-paced movement and abilities like cloaking and active sonar make traditional BS like camping almost non-existent. Likewise, it takes more skill than other shooters and it will take awhile to learn all the little details of the gameplay, so expect a steeper learning curve.

Also, did you remember to get the free games?
#7h3IIfir3pho3nix(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2014 1:48:04 PM
I did grab the free games. Haven't tried Max yet, but Halo kinda sucked :(

I already played TitanFall on my 360. I might pick up DR3 though, seems like it has a lot of content.
---
'Well if MS has taught us anything it's that originality isn't always a good thing.' - dnmt
#8GambitbuzzkillPosted 6/16/2014 1:53:58 PM
Plant's vs Zombies GW or DR3 ( my favorite next gen game so far).
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#9MistaAtlasPosted 6/16/2014 1:55:06 PM
check the free games this month
---
GT:Wh0oIsJohnGalt I Steam:Whoisjohngalt I PSN:MistaAtlas
#10LooksLikeRainPosted 6/16/2014 1:55:36 PM
DR3 is $40 with deals with gold. The the super ultra dr3 DLC looks amazing.
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.