Full NPD May Hardware Numbers

#11josh924Posted 6/16/2014 8:50:45 PM
Tajaz2426 posted...
Didn't even break a 100k, did the 360 ever have this problem? Just wondering if it was ever this low, till the One came out of course.

It might have been a problem for the 360 if a lower priced bundle was announced 2 months in advance.
---
Only an idiot would regularly post on a board that is dedicated to a console that they don't plan on owning.
#12DFMan456Posted 6/16/2014 8:52:19 PM
Sony should be arrested for the brutal murders of the Xbone and Wii U.
#13fan360Posted 6/16/2014 8:52:21 PM
You quote another message board as a reliable source?
#14Tajaz2426Posted 6/16/2014 8:52:50 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
BPSatsuki posted...

but others may care

Only fanboys are interested in knowing how the things they own are commercially received. Also, if you were actually a gamer you'd be playing games right now and you wouldn't have time to post something online. These numbers don't affect my enjoyment of games so why are you saying they do? Why, TC?

No it doesn't, but it does affect support of the system even by Microsoft. In 2 months it has even broke 200k. Over a year that is only a little over 1 million console sold, if it keeps at this pace. Microsoft themselves won't support something if it only sells 10 million consoles in a decade.

Shipping logistics, R&D, advertising, new game IP's all cost money and if the console doesn't bring any in, they will have to slow support down for said console.

I agree to enjoy games, but it is good to see where and what direction support is going to go, with the money brought in by the consoles maker.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#15ZeroShot101Posted 6/16/2014 8:52:59 PM
Good to know the 360 is dominating,last gen sales
#16ShariusPosted 6/16/2014 8:53:04 PM
suzukimatsui posted...
June will be very telling

it's so deja-vu from march
---
PSNID: ShariusTC
#17Tajaz2426Posted 6/16/2014 8:54:02 PM
josh924 posted...
Tajaz2426 posted...
Didn't even break a 100k, did the 360 ever have this problem? Just wondering if it was ever this low, till the One came out of course.

It might have been a problem for the 360 if a lower priced bundle was announced 2 months in advance.

They have had price drops before, haven't they? It still never went this low, even when the price drops were announced. I don't know for sure, just something interesting to look into I guess.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#18josh924Posted 6/16/2014 8:54:53 PM
Tajaz2426 posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
BPSatsuki posted...

but others may care

Only fanboys are interested in knowing how the things they own are commercially received. Also, if you were actually a gamer you'd be playing games right now and you wouldn't have time to post something online. These numbers don't affect my enjoyment of games so why are you saying they do? Why, TC?

No it doesn't, but it does affect support of the system even by Microsoft. In 2 months it has even broke 200k. Over a year that is only a little over 1 million console sold, if it keeps at this pace. Microsoft themselves won't support something if it only sells 10 million consoles in a decade.

NPD only tracks North American sales, though. If it sold 100k a month worldwide, that would be something to worry about.
---
Only an idiot would regularly post on a board that is dedicated to a console that they don't plan on owning.
#19Combo626Posted 6/16/2014 8:55:06 PM
DFMan456 posted...
Sony should be arrested for the brutal murders of the Xbone and Wii U.

Statement or question? I'm confused.
---
PREPARE FOR BATTTTTLLEEEE! - Frieza/Shao Kahn
#20BPSatsuki(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2014 8:55:34 PM
fan360 posted...
You quote another message board as a reliable source?

it's from someone who leaks NPD numbers, he gave it out in pie chart puzzle and someone solved it. the leaker approved the numbers