Full NPD May Hardware Numbers

#141LapanuiPosted 6/17/2014 2:50:36 AM
Aceviper posted...
Lapanui posted...
According to NPD, the sales for the Xbox 360 a year after it's release was at about 3.8 Million. So a console that wasn't competing with anything at the time didn't even hit 4 million within a year.

The X1 is already past 4 million and is competing with the PS4 and Wii U. I think that's pretty good.

360 was also severely supply constrained during that year

so much that i think it was selling below the original xbox to start even when it was constantly sold out

Still doesn't change the fact that the X1 is selling well. It doesn't have to be selling the same amount as the PS4 for it to be successful. I'm enjoying the console so far and I hope people can look past some of the problems MS have caused and just see it as a console. I would like to see how it does in the next sales report after the Kinect-less SDK and price drop.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#142loafy013Posted 6/17/2014 2:51:31 AM
Run_2_the_Hills posted...
didnt a TF bundle come out for $450? that's a better deal than a kinectless 1 and it didnt do much.

A bundle is only worth the game that comes with it. New IP, available on other systems, and digital copy only likely made people wary about buying it. Strange I know, but for some reason getting a card with a code on it is personally worth less than finding an actual disc in the box to me.
---
The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes. That's fact.
Everything else, is theory.
#143dnmtPosted 6/17/2014 3:05:21 AM
Evel138 posted...
dnmt posted...
Evel138 posted...
76K people still chose to buy a $500 XB1 with it being public knowledge that next month there will be a $399 iteration?

June numbers and beyond are going to get interesting me thinks........

What will you say if the June numbers turn out to be the same?

That I was wrong about it helping sales.

Unlike you, who got laughed out of the troll attempt, pretending you know anything about the stock market. You didn't even have the courage to come in to defend your position or admit you didn't have a clue what you were talking about.....you just bounced in the face of all that ridicule.

I'm not sure what you are talking about here. Feel free to elaborate.
#144L96A1BOSSPosted 6/17/2014 3:16:27 AM
This topic is moving at the speed of light good thing I have a job that put money in my pocket and M$ fail to make the xbone a must own system this gen.
#145Evel138Posted 6/17/2014 3:24:17 AM
dnmt posted...
Evel138 posted...
dnmt posted...
Evel138 posted...
76K people still chose to buy a $500 XB1 with it being public knowledge that next month there will be a $399 iteration?

Unlike you, who got laughed out of the troll attempt, pretending you know anything about the stock market. You didn't even have the courage to come in to defend your position or admit you didn't have a clue what you were talking about.....you just bounced in the face of all that ridicule.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/69403185

Though you and the usual suspects are amusing with all the wishful thinking. You know, it doesn't really matter...the XB1 can come in dead last and its still going to be there.....just the simple fact that it exists and so irritates you people that you need to reassure yourselves daily.....no, hourly....hell, minute to minute for some of you, is good enough for me lol.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 The Badguy
PS4360One
#146Evel138Posted 6/17/2014 3:33:50 AM
Miiri0 posted...
Wow PS4 outsold Xbone 3:1

Public education.

There is your tax dollar hard at work, folks.
---
PS4360One
#147mokmuudPosted 6/17/2014 3:38:50 AM
Evel138 posted...
Miiri0 posted...
Wow PS4 outsold Xbone 3:1

Public education.

There is your tax dollar hard at work, folks.

Common core FTW.
Thanks Obama.
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#148dnmtPosted 6/17/2014 3:42:22 AM
Evel138 posted...
dnmt posted...
Evel138 posted...
dnmt posted...
Evel138 posted...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/69403185

Though you and the usual suspects are amusing with all the wishful thinking. You know, it doesn't really matter...the XB1 can come in dead last and its still going to be there.....just the simple fact that it exists and so irritates you people that you need to reassure yourselves daily.....no, hourly....hell, minute to minute for some of you, is good enough for me lol.

Oh that, lol. Can't believe people took it seriously.
#149Evel138Posted 6/17/2014 3:56:20 AM
They don't take you seriously. If I thought you were something more than a joke account, I'd be seriously worried tbqh.
---
PS4360One
#150scoobydoobydontPosted 6/17/2014 3:56:57 AM
Lots of trolling and spin, I see. My prediction was correct!
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg