Full NPD May Hardware Numbers

#21ZeroShot101Posted 6/16/2014 8:57:05 PM
DFMan456 posted...
Sony should be arrested for the brutal murders of the Xbone and Wii U.

No worries they are butchering themselves outside of their games department
#22josh924Posted 6/16/2014 8:57:12 PM
Tajaz2426 posted...
josh924 posted...
Tajaz2426 posted...
Didn't even break a 100k, did the 360 ever have this problem? Just wondering if it was ever this low, till the One came out of course.

It might have been a problem for the 360 if a lower priced bundle was announced 2 months in advance.

They have had price drops before, haven't they? It still never went this low, even when the price drops were announced. I don't know for sure, just something interesting to look into I guess.

I'm pretty sure price drops have never been announced 2 months in advance for any console or handheld system.
---
Only an idiot would regularly post on a board that is dedicated to a console that they don't plan on owning.
#23quincy2000aPosted 6/16/2014 8:59:15 PM
"Full NPD May Hardware Numbers"

What does it say about people who state they don't care about numbers...

yet come into a topic with a title like this?
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#24Tajaz2426Posted 6/16/2014 8:59:56 PM
josh924 posted...
Tajaz2426 posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
BPSatsuki posted...

but others may care

Only fanboys are interested in knowing how the things they own are commercially received. Also, if you were actually a gamer you'd be playing games right now and you wouldn't have time to post something online. These numbers don't affect my enjoyment of games so why are you saying they do? Why, TC?

No it doesn't, but it does affect support of the system even by Microsoft. In 2 months it has even broke 200k. Over a year that is only a little over 1 million console sold, if it keeps at this pace. Microsoft themselves won't support something if it only sells 10 million consoles in a decade.

NPD only tracks North American sales, though. If it sold 100k a month worldwide, that would be something to worry about.

Isn't NA there biggest sales area? Do you think they hit a 100k worldwide? I know they will get a considerable amount next month, but I'd like to know what the worldwide number is. With the US giving them the biggest percentage in sales, I wonder what Europe is.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#25Tajaz2426Posted 6/16/2014 9:08:04 PM(edited)
josh924 posted...
Tajaz2426 posted...
josh924 posted...
Tajaz2426 posted...
Didn't even break a 100k, did the 360 ever have this problem? Just wondering if it was ever this low, till the One came out of course.

It might have been a problem for the 360 if a lower priced bundle was announced 2 months in advance.

They have had price drops before, haven't they? It still never went this low, even when the price drops were announced. I don't know for sure, just something interesting to look into I guess.

I'm pretty sure price drops have never been announced 2 months in advance for any console or handheld system.

It was May 13th when they revealed, so they had two weeks of full sales before the news even broke. That wasn't even a month before they has the price drop. Realistically it shouldn't have affect the numbers that much, being the middle of the month.

I just think people aren't purchasing as even with price drops the 360 never fell below 125k. I find it weird and it's something to talk about. It doesn't make the console bad or even thing like that, people just aren't buying it.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#26AceviperPosted 6/16/2014 9:02:26 PM
josh924 posted...
Tajaz2426 posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
BPSatsuki posted...

but others may care

Only fanboys are interested in knowing how the things they own are commercially received. Also, if you were actually a gamer you'd be playing games right now and you wouldn't have time to post something online. These numbers don't affect my enjoyment of games so why are you saying they do? Why, TC?

No it doesn't, but it does affect support of the system even by Microsoft. In 2 months it has even broke 200k. Over a year that is only a little over 1 million console sold, if it keeps at this pace. Microsoft themselves won't support something if it only sells 10 million consoles in a decade.

NPD only tracks North American sales, though. If it sold 100k a month worldwide, that would be something to worry about.

NA is typically like ~70% of worldwide sales for the console. Extrapolating the numbers puts it at very close to 100k worldwide
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone
#27Xeeh_BitzPosted 6/16/2014 9:03:16 PM
Those numbers cannot be real, PS4 can not be slaughtering the competition that bad, Wii U and Xbox One combined can't even top PS4 sales. I call fake, I know the PS4 is the better system spec wise and apparently popularity wise as well but this is just insane.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#28MePastyNoLipsPosted 6/16/2014 9:05:32 PM
looks like this gen was over very quickly
---
No one plays on PC, but *insert specs.* I'm a scrawny pasty nerd. It was hard for me to get noticed, so I mention "my gf/wife" whenever I can.
#29Ramsus082Posted 6/16/2014 9:10:32 PM
Tajaz2426 posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
BPSatsuki posted...

but others may care

Shipping logistics, R&D, advertising, new game IP's all cost money and if the console doesn't bring any in, they will have to slow support down for said console.

I agree to enjoy games, but it is good to see where and what direction support is going to go, with the money brought in by the consoles maker.

.... Crap. I agree with this. You won me over.
---
XboxOne poster of the week: billsfann01, for a failed alt attempt
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/69406320/786257887
#30BPSatsuki(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2014 9:11:52 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Those numbers cannot be real, PS4 can not be slaughtering the competition that bad, Wii U and Xbox One combined can't even top PS4 sales. I call fake, I know the PS4 is the better system spec wise and apparently popularity wise as well but this is just insane.

that number is real