Full NPD May Hardware Numbers

#31Tajaz2426Posted 6/16/2014 9:14:53 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
Tajaz2426 posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
BPSatsuki posted...

but others may care

Only fanboys are interested in knowing how the things they own are commercially received. Also, if you were actually a gamer you'd be playing games right now and you wouldn't have time to post something online. These numbers don't affect my enjoyment of games so why are you saying they do? Why, TC?

No it doesn't, but it does affect support of the system even by Microsoft. In 2 months it has even broke 200k. Over a year that is only a little over 1 million console sold, if it keeps at this pace. Microsoft themselves won't support something if it only sells 10 million consoles in a decade.

Shipping logistics, R&D, advertising, new game IP's all cost money and if the console doesn't bring any in, they will have to slow support down for said console.

I agree to enjoy games, but it is good to see where and what direction support is going to go, with the money brought in by the consoles maker.

.... Crap. I agree with this. You won me over.

Haha, I'm sure support won't slow down and they will change things around. Microsoft is a wicked smart company and Phil Spencer is right in the ground floor with all the players. I was stating the end game of what could happen, however, I don't see it actually coming into fruition.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#32phineasfoolPosted 6/16/2014 9:15:30 PM
Tajaz2426 posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
BPSatsuki posted...

but others may care

Only fanboys are interested in knowing how the things they own are commercially received. Also, if you were actually a gamer you'd be playing games right now and you wouldn't have time to post something online. These numbers don't affect my enjoyment of games so why are you saying they do? Why, TC?

No it doesn't, but it does affect support of the system even by Microsoft. In 2 months it has even broke 200k. Over a year that is only a little over 1 million console sold, if it keeps at this pace. Microsoft themselves won't support something if it only sells 10 million consoles in a decade.

Shipping logistics, R&D, advertising, new game IP's all cost money and if the console doesn't bring any in, they will have to slow support down for said console.

I agree to enjoy games, but it is good to see where and what direction support is going to go, with the money brought in by the consoles maker.

Do you really think it would sell that few during the holidays? You can't just take sales for May and multiply by 12 to get the year's total. Also the months of February and March are big in the US with people getting their tax returns.
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool
#33DarthUchiha91Posted 6/16/2014 9:19:45 PM
quincy2000a posted...
"Full NPD May Hardware Numbers"

What does it say about people who state they don't care about numbers...

yet come into a topic with a title like this?

---
The Delay game is GOTY 2014!
#34Combo626Posted 6/16/2014 9:19:52 PM
Tajaz2426 posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
BPSatsuki posted...

but others may care

LMAO! I can see where you got the logic though. C for effort.
---
PREPARE FOR BATTTTTLLEEEE! - Frieza/Shao Kahn
#35OpheliaAdenadePosted 6/16/2014 9:20:02 PM
My goodness. That gap is huge. :o

I can't wait to see how people react to next month's numbers. They won't be able to blame the low sales on the kinect-less model being announced. They'll just have to accept that the xbone is doing a dead man's float.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#36Tajaz2426Posted 6/16/2014 9:20:25 PM
phineasfool posted...
Tajaz2426 posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
BPSatsuki posted...

but others may care

Do you really think it would sell that few during the holidays? You can't just take sales for May and multiply by 12 to get the year's total. Also the months of February and March are big in the US with people getting their tax returns.

That's why I out averages in, but your absolutely correct. Think about thought, even if it was 3 million a year, that is only a 1/3 of sales for the 360. I was simply stating that support can faultier if they are not selling enough to keep up with those out follow of money.

I did say in my next post that wouldn't happen. However, I stand by my thoughts that they need to do something, because the 360 has never sold below 125k and this is 3 months in a row of low sales.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#37Tajaz2426Posted 6/16/2014 9:22:41 PM
Combo626 posted...
Tajaz2426 posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
BPSatsuki posted...

but others may care

LMAO! I can see where you got the logic though. C for effort.

Ya never know Combo! Haha, like I said it other posts this probably wouldn't happen, but even 3 to 5 million sales a year is not good, in terms of what the 360 did.

Hey it is something to have a discussion about at least with some good counter arguments.

I'll take a C+, sir!
---
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#38mattglosbcfcPosted 6/16/2014 9:24:35 PM
suzukimatsui posted...
June will be very telling

Why will it?? What major exclusive games cam out in June??

If those numbers are true it just shows how much the population are sheep really.
If they want a console with ####### exclusives then thats there choice i guess.
#39BPSatsuki(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2014 9:30:50 PM
mattglosbcfc posted...
suzukimatsui posted...
June will be very telling

Why will it?? What major exclusive games cam out in June??

If those numbers are true it just shows how much the population are sheep really.
If they want a console with ####### exclusives then thats there choice i guess.

June is when Kinectless Xbone available for 399
#40orestes1981Posted 6/16/2014 9:35:27 PM
Tajaz2426 posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
Tajaz2426 posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
BPSatsuki posted...

but others may care

.... Crap. I agree with this. You won me over.

Haha, I'm sure support won't slow down and they will change things around. Microsoft is a wicked smart company and Phil Spencer is right in the ground floor with all the players. I was stating the end game of what could happen, however, I don't see it actually coming into fruition.

The Zune would like to have a word with you...

Maybe the Surface, they would want to say something as well.
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher