Destiny is a Sony exclusive in Japan

#1Krampus617Posted 6/17/2014 3:55:06 AM
http://kotaku.com/destiny-is-a-playstation-exclusive-in-japan-1591865980

I know Xbox hasn't done well in Japan, like ever, but this makes me worry for its future there. I'd love for the Japanese to be able to play on the One. The One is region free, isn't it? So they can import at least.
#2popping4itPosted 6/17/2014 3:57:44 AM
i love how people bash ms for anti consumer and anti competition and sony does this and no one cares.
---
whens mahvel?
#3mygoodluckcharmPosted 6/17/2014 4:00:58 AM
It won't make a difference.
First, FPS is not really popular in Japan.
Second, the number of XBone sold in japan would be miniscule that Bungie shouldn't bother to release there anyway.
#4Rainy_David1Posted 6/17/2014 4:03:57 AM
popping4it posted...
i love how people bash ms for anti consumer and anti competition and sony does this and no one cares.

Maybe that's because Bungie is doing this. Just consider that for a few moments.
#5popping4itPosted 6/17/2014 4:06:27 AM
^thats very short sighted logic and you're forgetting 360
---
whens mahvel?
#6popping4itPosted 6/17/2014 4:07:09 AM
Rainy_David1 posted...
popping4it posted...

Maybe that's because Bungie is doing this. Just consider that for a few moments.

no sony is publishing it
---
whens mahvel?
#7chedibang1994Posted 6/17/2014 4:08:58 AM
Krampus617 posted...
http://kotaku.com/destiny-is-a-playstation-exclusive-in-japan-1591865980

I know Xbox hasn't done well in Japan, like ever, but this makes me worry for its future there. I'd love for the Japanese to be able to play on the One. The One is region free, isn't it? So they can import at least.

Just letting you know it will flop their as Japanese are not into shooters as much as us, sony and bungie dumb ass decisions smh
---
Sony: Greatness Awaits!!!
Me: When!!!!Motha!!! *****!!!! I'm tired of waiting!!! I got $450!!! And don't say **** about multiplats that's my PC's job!!!
#8LapanuiPosted 6/17/2014 4:08:59 AM
I mygoodluckcharm posted...
It won't make a difference.
First, FPS is not really popular in Japan.
Second, the number of XBone sold in japan would be miniscule that Bungie shouldn't bother to release there anyway.

I never really kept track of how popular FPS games were in Japan. I know they enjoy games like Visual Novels, JRPG's, etc., basically anything that is only developed and released in their country...

Destiny is like a mix of Halo and Borderlands. Neither of which did amazing in Japan.

I'm just looking at some of the sales of games in Japan on the PS4 and the best one is Knack which sold around 410k, which is quite good. the rest of the games didn't even get past 100k. How many sales has the PS4 got in Japan anyway? I haven't even checked.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#9UltimateGeth39Posted 6/17/2014 4:11:02 AM
someone should tell japan that that's not how exclusivity works.
---
"There's always a man, a lighthouse, a city."
#10duces9killaPosted 6/17/2014 4:19:07 AM
Its called smart business practice