Forbes--NPD report for May

#1quincy2000aPosted 6/17/2014 10:18:54 AM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2014/06/17/ps4-best-selling-console-for-fifth-month-in-a-row-video-game-surge-overall/
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#2Ramsus082Posted 6/17/2014 10:20:39 AM
OMG do you think sale numbers are supposed to affect my enjoyment of the console or something!? Why else would you post news links about sale numbers if it's not an attempt to get me to like my console less? Huh, TC!?

(old though)
---
XboxOne poster of the week: billsfann01, for a failed alt attempt
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/69406320/786257887
#3AceAndJunpeiPosted 6/17/2014 10:20:53 AM
Sales don't matter.

Until the Xbox outsells the PS4, then IN YOUR FACE PONIES!!!1!1!1!
#4SlugSh0tPosted 6/17/2014 10:27:41 AM
Ramsus082 posted...
OMG do you think sale numbers are supposed to affect my enjoyment of the console or something!? Why else would you post news links about sale numbers if it's not an attempt to get me to like my console less? Huh, TC!?

(old though)

It could if it went like DC. Lack of support and then funding for new games from Sega.. Then it got the plug. I'm sure stuff like that happening to X1 would affect you. Or hey, a better example would be Xbox original. Not even 4 years, then here come xbox 360 and they ditch the original. Sales sucked for the original compared to PS2, so they wanted to get 360 out first.
---
>_______________>
#5slowdog76Posted 6/17/2014 10:30:39 AM
SlugSh0t posted...
Ramsus082 posted...

(old though)

It could if it went like DC. Lack of support and then funding for new games from Sega.. Then it got the plug. I'm sure stuff like that happening to X1 would affect you. Or hey, a better example would be Xbox original. Not even 4 years, then here come xbox 360 and they ditch the original. Sales sucked for the original compared to PS2, so they wanted to get 360 out first.

what are microsofts sales projections for xbox one?
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#6Bellagio_4Posted 6/17/2014 10:30:42 AM
Ramsus082 posted...

(old though)

Sales only matter when your favorite console is winning.
---
Users that don't know what the word "troll" means or lack intelligence: CURRENTLY UNDER MAINTENANCE
#7Dev445Posted 6/17/2014 10:30:53 AM
I get the feeling when June comes around you won't see any of these guys posting sales data.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#8SearchmanV16Posted 6/17/2014 10:32:16 AM
I always wondered why the NPD is so important for people that have no immediate stake(s) in Microsoft's performance? At the end of the day, people will probably buy the PS4 more because the price for fees are cheaper and the hardware advantage is with the PS4. I don't mind it because all the talk is overblown. I cannot really tell the difference between 792p w/ Titanfall and 1080p inFamous outside of the comic strip vs sci fi feel. Forza looks gorgeous on the X1 anyways. Each to his or her own.
---
Current Devices: Galaxy Note 3, iPad Mini, and Xbox One.
#9Tajaz2426Posted 6/17/2014 10:35:48 AM(edited)
Dev445 posted...
I get the feeling when June comes around you won't see any of these guys posting sales data.

These types of topics are ridiculous, however, I doubt the new SKU, will out sell the PS4. Just don't think it will happen. We will see though, just a month away good sir.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#10Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 6/17/2014 10:35:09 AM
Sales are interesting but I wouldn't say they really matter that much to me. I don't see a sign of any of them going belly up. I know the Wii U has been under 100k monthly for a while but Nintendo will still support it with their first party titles. Which is the reason why I bought a Wii U.
---
http://i.imgur.com/yrlM3sD.gif