Hypothetically speaking, if sony goes under...

#21bob15xPosted 6/17/2014 3:42:39 PM
I love how people say, well sony may go under but someone would buy the playstation business.

but do you seriously think it would be just as good as it would be under sony? The majority of executives and decision makers would be let go immediately. Then Playstation becomes just a name
#22thatdude227(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2014 3:47:46 PM
bob15x posted...
I love how people say, well sony may go under but someone would buy the playstation business.

but do you seriously think it would be just as good as it would be under sony? The majority of executives and decision makers would be let go immediately. Then Playstation becomes just a name

when did anyone say someone would buy sony?
---
If you want to reply to me, give me a PM, otherwise I'll most likely miss it.
this is a serious signature. I really do have a high chance of missing a reply
#23CoolioKDudePosted 6/17/2014 3:50:18 PM
youngskillz posted...
nintendo should have went third party a few generations ago.

NINTENDOOOOMED since 1885
---
"They're all idiots. I'm not even sure if any of them have actual brains."
Hades on GameFAQs.
#24DarthUchiha91Posted 6/17/2014 4:12:33 PM
bob15x posted...

I just love how people say sony may go under.
---
The Delay game is GOTY 2014!
#25hotgamerPosted 6/17/2014 4:19:59 PM
Sony will get rid of their other divisions and live on the playstation brand, so they're not going anywhere ever.

Considering Microsoft board wants to get rid of the xbox division, so in the big 3, it's the only one in risk of going away. The only reason it's still there is because the new ceo is pro xbox, if it was another ceo, it might have been sold off or simply discontinued. Also, no matter who the CEO is, at some point, you can't ignore the shareholders forever.
---
Trying to contain the chaos is futile.
#26natrapslivePosted 6/17/2014 4:29:01 PM
Gambitbuzzkill posted...
Sony will never go under none of the big 3 will.

Sony will go under. Search forbes, Sony post another 200mil loss. Playstation most likely will spin off to its own or be bought out.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: natraps
#27Xeeh_BitzPosted 6/17/2014 4:42:50 PM
SonyPonyTony posted...
Gambitbuzzkill posted...

Sony is scary close to bankruptcy - one of the reasons I won't buy a PS again

Guess you're ignorant of what happens when a company goes Bankrupt. Most people buy products everyday from companies who've undergone bankruptcy.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#28thatdude227(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2014 5:20:17 PM
natrapslive posted...
Gambitbuzzkill posted...

Sony will go under. Search forbes, Sony post another 200mil loss. Playstation most likely will spin off to its own or be bought out.

another loss? this is bad
---
If you want to reply to me, give me a PM, otherwise I'll most likely miss it.
this is a serious signature. I really do have a high chance of missing a reply
#29PizzatarianPosted 6/17/2014 5:37:06 PM
dnmt posted...
SonyPonyTony posted...
Gambitbuzzkill posted...

Sony is scary close to bankruptcy - one of the reasons I won't buy a PS again

Could you give us your estimate on when that will happen, exactly? You seem so sure of it.

"The maker of the PlayStation 4, according to Macroaxis, has a 78 percent chance of going bankrupt in the next two years."

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/01/02/sony-has-78-chance-to-go-bankrupt-in-two-years-says-macroaxis/
---
"When you work with your hands you'll never be rich but you'll never go hungry." ~ SR3
#30Ramsus082Posted 6/17/2014 5:57:07 PM
bob15x posted...

That's all it is, a name and a brand. Also, I don't know that anyone who buys the Xbox or Playstation brand would clean house, considering they probably won't be in the console/game business themselves. Either way, if you have the same studios/publishers/IPs, then what really changes? The Apple Xbox or the Amazon Playstation or whatever still plays the games.
---
XboxOne poster of the week: billsfann01, for a failed alt attempt
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/69406320/786257887