Hypothetically speaking, if sony goes under...

#31Ramsus082Posted 6/17/2014 6:00:57 PM(edited)
Companies file for bankruptcy all the time, get new investors and keep on chugging. All the time. Hell, half of you probably drive GM-manufactured vehicles and don't really care what transpires at the top of the corporate ladder.
---
XboxOne poster of the week: billsfann01, for a failed alt attempt
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/69406320/786257887
#32shawnmckPosted 6/17/2014 6:01:47 PM(edited)
If it wasn't for the Windows operating system, Microsoft would have gone under after the original X-Box console. It is the sales of Windows in every computer sold that is keeping the XBox division open.
And its not the video-game department that is costing so much money, but their electronics department (tv's, stereos, etc). Their movie department isn't doing so hot either.
#33Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 6/17/2014 6:01:50 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
Companies file for bankruptcy all the time, get new investors and keep on chugging. All the time. Hell, half of you probably drive GM-manufactured vehicles and don't really care what transpires at the top of the corporate ladder.

most people think bankruptcy and liquidation are the same thing
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#34bob15xPosted 6/17/2014 6:30:03 PM
shawnmck posted...
If it wasn't for the Windows operating system, Microsoft would have gone under after the original X-Box console. It is the sales of Windows in every computer sold that is keeping the XBox division open.
And its not the video-game department that is costing so much money, but their electronics department (tv's, stereos, etc). Their movie department isn't doing so hot either.

you mean. Windows, an OS, which MS was created on would not have done well if Windows failed. I am shocked.
#35bob15xPosted 6/17/2014 6:31:23 PM
Ramsus082 posted...

no, companies go into bankruptcy protection while they restructure if their restructuring plan is accepted. If a company goes bankrupt, they are done for the most part.
#36Ramsus082Posted 6/17/2014 9:19:19 PM(edited)
file for bankruptcy

Semantics.
---
XboxOne poster of the week: billsfann01, for a failed alt attempt
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/69406320/786257887
#37demollyonPosted 6/17/2014 11:28:51 PM
Sony will not go under. It'll be a smaller company (it already is, it sold the vaio division). Xbox isn't going anywhere. MS has money Sony and Nintendo can only dream of and Xbox one turned a profit from day one. Nintendo has its handheld division, which kicks ass.

Honestly, I wouldn't want any of them to go under, and neither should fanboys. Competition is good.
#38thatdude227(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2014 7:36:07 AM
demollyon posted...
Sony will not go under. It'll be a smaller company (it already is, it sold the vaio division). Xbox isn't going anywhere. MS has money Sony and Nintendo can only dream of and Xbox one turned a profit from day one. Nintendo has its handheld division, which kicks ass.

Honestly, I wouldn't want any of them to go under, and neither should fanboys. Competition is good.

why are you all arguing about whether sony will go under? i said HYPOTHETICALLY speaking
---
If you want to reply to me, give me a PM, otherwise I'll most likely miss it.
this is a serious signature. I really do have a high chance of missing a reply
#39iamdanthamanPosted 6/18/2014 9:04:41 AM
hotgamer posted...
Sony will get rid of their other divisions and live on the playstation brand, so they're not going anywhere ever.

Considering Microsoft board wants to get rid of the xbox division, so in the big 3, it's the only one in risk of going away. The only reason it's still there is because the new ceo is pro xbox, if it was another ceo, it might have been sold off or simply discontinued. Also, no matter who the CEO is, at some point, you can't ignore the shareholders forever.

Umm. No. If Sony goes Bankrupt, they will sell their marginally profitable consumer electronics brands and move forward with their much more profitable movie, music, and insurace companies. The gaming division would be on the edge, but would probably be kept around because it's primary revenue generator is the games, not the console, which is in line with the media aspect. Though it is possible that they may go to delivery of their games by another method, especially if PS Now is successful.

MS's board doesn't "want" to get rid of Xbox at all, it's one shareholder who has expressed that he thinks that the brand should be spun off into it's own company. But that separate company would still be owned by MS. It would be more of a restructuring than anything.
---
All your base are belong to us
#40L4YER_CAKEPosted 6/18/2014 9:23:27 AM
Sweet topic, just a great microcosm of how idiotic this board truly is.
---
Braid. Save the princess. Contemplate the world. Save yourself.