If the Kinect-less SKU doesn't save X1...

#11dnmtPosted 6/17/2014 1:59:12 PM
Lisbon14215 posted...
I didn't realize that the X1 needed to be saved. I do believe that the X1 is outpacing the sales numbers that the 360 put up at the same point in their respective life cycles? Yes, it's not selling as well as the PS4 but let's not act like it's not selling at all.

It sold more at first thanks to a much larger initial supply - the 360 was very supply-constrained for its first few months - but now Xbone sales have dropped like a stone, far below the 360 ever was until this very year. It's doing horribly.
#12Joey-ZazaPosted 6/17/2014 1:59:29 PM
You know what's interesting? Before you say anything I am guilty of this myself.

With music and movies and comics it's unacceptable to dislike something because of a bad newer adaptation, but it's perfectly acceptable with video games.

Ponder over that... Think, Halo, Call of Duty, Fable...
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#13TrickyPonyPosted 6/17/2014 1:59:53 PM
TC must make at least one topic per day in which people get to make fun of him for being an idiot. Keep up the good work

sidenote - I wonder what gets modded first, my flame or the TC's troll topic
#14dnmtPosted 6/17/2014 2:00:03 PM
FinzFan4life posted...
dnmt posted...
EastCoastKody posted...
people always downplay Halo.

*Halos dead

*its not going to sell consoles

*blah blah blah.

and then....what happens? It goes on and sells like quadruple of any Sony exclusive.

Seriously, if Halo 5 dropped tomorrow.......XB1 would pass PS4 sales in a month

Halo 5 will surely boost Xbone sales somewhat but there's no stopping the PS4 train, by holidays 2015 it will be far too late.

are they going to finally have games by then

I don't know, doesn't seem like it needs any to outsell the Xbone 3:1 anyway.
#15SigmaLongshotPosted 6/17/2014 2:00:29 PM
I'm not entirely sure that people understand what boon and pain are, let alone glut and hardship.

Yet, to those born after, say, 1985, the majority of people speak only in hyperbole, in angry, determined all-or nothings, it seems.

There may be exceptions, but those exceptions should at least seek to defy the rule!
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#16embrandedonePosted 6/18/2014 1:02:44 AM
Price it at $299 and bundle it with Halo. Good night?
---
PS4 - #thethirstisreal
#17Spetsnaz420Posted 6/18/2014 1:33:36 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
I'm not entirely sure that people understand what boon and pain are, let alone glut and hardship.

Yet, to those born after, say, 1985, the majority of people speak only in hyperbole, in angry, determined all-or nothings, it seems.

There may be exceptions, but those exceptions should at least seek to defy the rule!

Betting you were born in 84
---
Saw an Xbox 1, turned one degree and tripped over it
#18Tajaz2426Posted 6/18/2014 1:59:22 AM
Lisbon14215 posted...
I didn't realize that the X1 needed to be saved. I do believe that the X1 is outpacing the sales numbers that the 360 put up at the same point in their respective life cycles? Yes, it's not selling as well as the PS4 but let's not act like it's not selling at all.

It hasn't been pacing it the past 4 months. The holiday season is the reason it's ahead. If it keep selling at an average of 100k a month it will be behind the 360.

A good first month and a half has saved the One, the 360 never sold under 125k in a month till this year.

Anyway, the X1 isn't going anywhere, Microsoft has way too much invested in this puppy.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS