Do the Xbox one still require kinect to function

#11CapwnDPosted 6/17/2014 3:15:52 PM
dnmt posted...
It's not required per say but the UI was designed with it in mind so it's super clunky with just a controller, sadly.

I have Kinect plugged in but I never use it to navigate.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
#12aheroafakePosted 6/17/2014 3:21:50 PM
crucial posted...
It never was required TC,some people never hooked it up.

Wrong.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | Youtube.com/capatanaznman |
#13quincy2000aPosted 6/17/2014 3:26:51 PM
crucial posted...

(raises hand)
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#14casper316Posted 6/17/2014 3:29:51 PM
aheroafake posted...
crucial posted...

Wrong.

no he's right kid MS removed the kinect requirment before the console was launched. we didn't even have to plug it in to get the first initial update the removed the DRM.

bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...
dnmt posted...
It's not required per say but the UI was designed with it in mind so it's super clunky with just a controller, sadly.

It really isn't that hard to navigate the menus with a controller.

no one said it was hard to navigate without the kinect it's just Clunky, the UI was designed for voice commands in mind as you can do 99% of all navigation on the console dashboard without even touching the controller. as well as getting to your friends list in less then a second vs having to use the controller.
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
#15a687947Posted 6/17/2014 3:31:24 PM
aheroafake posted...
crucial posted...

Wrong.

actually you're wrong, i didn't plug my kinect in until sometime in january, so well over a month after i got it.
#16aheroafakePosted 6/17/2014 3:36:45 PM(edited)
I am not wrong. Kinect was required to be plugged in when the console was announced. That's what I'm referring to. If you guys had actually read the topic and my initial post, you would've noticed that.
---
#17CapwnDPosted 6/17/2014 3:38:41 PM
aheroafake posted...
I am not wrong. Kinect was required to be plugged in when the console was announced. That's what I'm referring to. If you guys had actually read the topic and my initial post, you would've noticed that.

If you read the OP, he already knew that. That wasn't his question.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
#18aheroafakePosted 6/17/2014 3:39:36 PM
CapwnD posted...
aheroafake posted...

If you read the OP, he already knew that. That wasn't his question.

I did read it, genius. I wasn't calling him out, I was calling the user out that said it was never required. Get some glasses.
---
#19casper316Posted 6/17/2014 3:39:50 PM
aheroafake posted...

being announced and released are 2 different things kid. so you are still wrong the kinect is not required nor never was for the xbox one to operate.
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
#20aheroafakePosted 6/17/2014 3:40:44 PM
casper316 posted...
aheroafake posted...

being announced and released are 2 different things kid. so you are still wrong the kinect is not required nor never was for the xbox one to operate.

Nope.
---