Ignore Destiny, It's Just Defiance as a First Person Shooter

#1QuadForce878Posted 6/17/2014 6:34:35 PM
For those of you bummed that the PS4 is getting some exclusive stuff, don't be. Destiny is really nothing special. Just Defiance if it was played as an FPS game. I mean you both go around exploring a ruined Earth. I'm pretty sure its going get plagued with negative MMO staples like Pay 2 Wing Microtransations and no end game content.
#2axelfooley2k5Posted 6/17/2014 6:42:02 PM
see its one thing to complain if you played it and didnt like it
its another to be a cry baby about stupid exclusive content that doesnt even matter making you not like it
#3Shura_SurplicePosted 6/17/2014 6:45:31 PM
You are right, and Titanfall is the greatest game of all time...
#4QuadForce878(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2014 6:45:42 PM
I played the alpha at friends house over the weekend. The gameplay felt like Halo minus the ability to dual wield guns. All you do is go to Point A and the shoot a bunch of baddies and then go to Point B and rinse, lather, and repeat for practically all objectives even for those public events.
#5Big FanPosted 6/17/2014 7:23:25 PM
QuadForce878 posted...
I played the alpha at friends house over the weekend. The gameplay felt like Halo minus the ability to dual wield guns. All you do is go to Point A and the shoot a bunch of baddies and then go to Point B and rinse, lather, and repeat for practically all objectives even for those public events.

You just described every action game in gaming history
---
GT: Code XxX
Miami Dolphins
#6MJFJDPosted 6/17/2014 7:26:02 PM
I will be getting Destiny to hold me over till Halo Collection.
#7HeathenutopiaPosted 6/17/2014 7:27:54 PM
Loved the alpha. Can't wait to play more in July.
---
GT: HeathenUtopia
PSN: HeathenUtopia / Morguennes
#8Homie_202Posted 6/17/2014 7:28:36 PM
Yea I kind of agree. I am still excited about the beta next month. But after playing the alpha I went from day one to I don't even know if I'll get it. I think sunset overdrive looks better IMO. Destiny is too much of an MMO and side missions are just fetch quests. Which I wasn't really going into the game for mp but for the coop story and side quests. The mp seems too unbalanced because you get the weapons you find questing. So if you are a high level and go up against a low level the low level will get destroyed.
#9gohoanqPosted 6/17/2014 7:35:50 PM
I played Defiance.. they are nothing alike. Destiny is nicer, has better gameplay/mechanics, and overall feels more complete.. and this is from the alpha. Similar concept =/= the same.
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#10Jedi454Posted 6/17/2014 7:42:06 PM
I'll be getting Destiny because I'm not a fool that actually believes this.
---
Owner of: Ps3/ 360/ XB1/ Aesthetic mind