Ignore Destiny, It's Just Defiance as a First Person Shooter

#11DamnEvilDogPosted 6/17/2014 8:28:13 PM
Eh.. as much as I got that impression from the Twitch videos I have watched, I will poke at the beta my self I guess to make sure.

Being that it seems like it might be online ONLY I may have to pass, no trouble with my net or nothing, just what happens years down the line when/if the game is dead?
---
XBL: DamnEvilDog PSN: DamnEvilDog
#12QuadForce878(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2014 8:48:45 PM
I really enjoyed Defiance when the game first came, but the novelty quickly wore off and the game is practically Pay to Win if you want your gear up to snuff. Destiny is just going to be another Defiance once they introduce the cash shop and make everything Pay 2 win.
#13karvinyereizowtPosted 6/17/2014 8:54:04 PM
I played the Alpha since it's release last Thursday. I maxed out every class and had a blast doing it. This is basically the Diablo of first person shooters. Loot including armor from head to toe, weapons, skill trees, and a hub to tweak it all with shops.

I really don't see this being littered with "micro transactions" at all as op said. This is not a f2p game. This game was built to find all this loot and customize your character just like any other rpg.

Anyway, from the 20 or so hrs I played over the weekend solidified my purchase and will most likely be one of the best co-op fps/RPGs ever made. Stop being a dower. ;)
---
Do you know the "Sulu Dance?"
#14StrongBlackVinePosted 6/17/2014 9:11:43 PM
Don't hate because Destiny will be best on PS4, just like every other multiplat. Or is because you feel like Bungie owes you something?
#15DarthUchiha91Posted 6/17/2014 9:14:59 PM
The only thing I'm ignoring is your advice.

Preorder confirmed.
---
The Delay game is GOTY 2014!
#16spacejamjordanzPosted 6/17/2014 9:28:33 PM
That steaming pile of crap known as Defiance (yes I played it on 360) does not even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Destiny. Destiny's Alpha alone is miles better than Defiance in it's entirety.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#17chedibang1994Posted 6/17/2014 9:31:40 PM
Oh stfu destiny is good go troll somebody else with that
---
Sony: Greatness Awaits!!!
Me: When!!!!Motha!!! *****!!!! I'm tired of waiting!!! I got $450!!! And don't say **** about multiplats that's my PC's job!!!
#18darkshadowmasterPosted 6/17/2014 9:40:38 PM
Defiance had the potential to be great.

However it had close to no weapon progression whatsoever along with instances that you only did for the sake of doing them as they didn't have loot tables.

Trion really thought their method of getting loot through RNG chests bought through their real money store + in game store was a good idea.
Then there is the weapons themselves that would have completely useless stats on them for the weapon type.

I didn't even make it to the first dlc to see if they ever fixed anything *progression wise*, but going by Trions forums they never did and instead key making the game even worse.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#19AgentLockePosted 6/17/2014 11:39:30 PM
DamnEvilDog posted...
Eh.. as much as I got that impression from the Twitch videos I have watched, I will poke at the beta my self I guess to make sure.

Being that it seems like it might be online ONLY I may have to pass, no trouble with my net or nothing, just what happens years down the line when/if the game is dead?

Game has a 10 year plan. If you can't get your 60 dollars worth in 10 years then give up gaming. Not trying to sound like a d***, just sayin...
---
Italy to win the cup for the 5th time! Let's go Azzurri!!!
#20youngskillzPosted 6/17/2014 11:42:28 PM
lol @ this thread and tc.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Arch Enemy, Aborted, Eye of the Enemy, The Wake, Exhortation, Deals Death, Mechanical God Creation, Fractal Gates, Destinity, Isolated.