Phil Spencer: DirectX12 Not a "Massive Change" For Xbox One.

#1SlugSh0tPosted 6/17/2014 6:00:23 PM
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/17/phil-spencer-directx-12-not-a-massive-change-for-xbox-one-explains-expectations-from-1st-party-studios/

whelp. from the man himself.
---
>_______________>
#2SnoicFactorPosted 6/17/2014 6:21:46 PM
LOL and people thought this would be some huge game changer that would make xbox one as stronger or stronger than ps4. The hardware isn't changing people. Smart people realized this would mostly affect PC.
---
nt
#3MJFJDPosted 6/17/2014 6:27:04 PM
You know there is some territory between no change and massive change.
#4quincy2000aPosted 6/17/2014 6:27:52 PM
...so not a "game changer" as was first said...that was the term used, I believe.
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#5Homie_202Posted 6/17/2014 6:30:37 PM
Anyone with half a brain knew it wouldn't be a massive change. The only people clinging onto that notion were the xbox fanboys.
#6crynryanPosted 6/17/2014 6:30:39 PM
DirectX11 handled using multiple cores for you. Because of that, you couldn't go in and change what needed to be changed in order for your games to get better performance. DirectX12 changes that, by allowing you to handle the cores and multithreading your own way.

In no way will this be a "massive change", but it will definitely help 1st parties gain more performance because 3rd parties will still be using DX11 until their tools are upgraded, which would take a while since they won't see the benefit of doing it.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#7Tajaz2426Posted 6/17/2014 6:38:17 PM(edited)
MJFJD posted...
You know there is some territory between no change and massive change.

Except they were claiming it would double the power. I'm glad Phil is in charge now. We don't have to hear things will increase the power to 4 XBox Ones or 32 XBox 360's, it will double the power, and all the other stuff thrown around, before he took over.

Now that his is in charge, we haven't heard those claims and now people can move on and play their games, without always having people at Microsoft say those things are coming in the future, just to keep people thinking and wanting an XBox One.

I like this guy, straight and to the point, no more BS spin stuff.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#8BiggyDXPosted 6/17/2014 6:32:07 PM
So it's pretty much an optimization tool. Got it.
---
Gamertag: Biggy DX
#9chedibang1994Posted 6/17/2014 6:39:05 PM
I hope you guys know that it will help as a development tool so yes it can be used to hit higher resolution because of better tools or hell better looking games, if halo 4 looks bad ass I can't wait to see what the fuss is over halo 5 it might be as pretty as ryse
---
Sony: Greatness Awaits!!!
Me: When!!!!Motha!!! *****!!!! I'm tired of waiting!!! I got $450!!! And don't say **** about multiplats that's my PC's job!!!
#10quincy2000aPosted 6/17/2014 6:40:19 PM
Someone else pointed this out so I'm not the first--

Would people have reacted better if the news came from Spencer...or Digital Foundry?

His announcing it might just be damage control (I said might).
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."