Phil Spencer: DirectX12 Not a "Massive Change" For Xbox One.

#11TheApd_ReturnsPosted 6/17/2014 6:42:52 PM(edited)
You are ignoring 2 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.

"lol those dumb xbots got proven wrong on the non-existent widespread belief that we strawmanned into the narrative on this board. those dumb dumbs were thinking this will make X1 TWICE as powerful (well, according to us, they said this), man they just got crushed!"

how close was i?
---
XBL: MauryPov1ch ... 3DS/Wii U: maurypov1ch ... Steam: callmaury
u want sum ___?
#12Tajaz2426Posted 6/17/2014 6:45:13 PM
TheApd_Returns posted...
You are ignoring 2 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.

"lol those dumb xbots got proven wrong on the non-existent widespread belief that we strawmanned into the narrative on this board. those dumb dumbs were thinking this will make X1 TWICE as powerful (well, according to us, they said this), man they just got crushed!"

how close was i?

Not very close at all, more along the lines as "we already knew this".

I am happy this guy is in charge though, no more BS spin crap. Straight forward.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#13SigarmzPosted 6/17/2014 6:48:12 PM
Who's got the chalkboard? Another mark is needed.
#14MuryoPosted 6/17/2014 6:57:58 PM
Another Microsoft lie exposed? good.
---
Miiverse: Muryoken
PSN: Muryoken
#15zerooo0Posted 6/17/2014 6:58:59 PM
How about everyone just wait and what DX12 will even do first before we jump to conclusions? I doubt anyone really believed it would be drastic improvements, but if it makes it easier to develop for or optimization then that's better then nothing.

After all I would expect Phil/and the developers know more about DX12 than any "GFaqs Computer experts" here.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#16BSerenityPosted 6/17/2014 7:13:07 PM
Where is that billsfan guy at now... hmm...
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#17BSerenityPosted 6/17/2014 7:13:53 PM
zerooo0 posted...
How about everyone just wait and what DX12 will even do first before we jump to conclusions? I doubt anyone really believed it would be drastic improvements, but if it makes it easier to develop for or optimization then that's better then nothing.

After all I would expect Phil/and the developers know more about DX12 than any "GFaqs Computer experts" here.

It was straight from Spencer himself, lol.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#18SyphonFilterAddictPosted 6/17/2014 7:43:06 PM
Hope misterxmedia doesn't take this news too hard.
---
What?! No one dashy-dine on Stavros!
#19zerooo0Posted 6/17/2014 7:45:51 PM
BSerenity posted...
zerooo0 posted...

It was straight from Spencer himself, lol.

I know, I'm not saying if it will drastically change anything big or small. I'm just saying instead of acting like experts on things that we don't know enough about yet how about we let the experts reveal it, so we can discuss it later on?

Is that such a hard thing to comprehend? I'm not doubting Phil in any way, but I'm just waiting to see what DX12 does before I jump to any conclusions. It's more of a curiosity on what it will do to the X1 versus "OH MY GAH IT WILL BE THE SAVIOR" typical fanboy stuff. I just want to see it in action first.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#20SupaflyGibsonPosted 6/17/2014 8:42:55 PM
crynryan posted...
DirectX11 handled using multiple cores for you. Because of that, you couldn't go in and change what needed to be changed in order for your games to get better performance. DirectX12 changes that, by allowing you to handle the cores and multithreading your own way.

In no way will this be a "massive change", but it will definitely help 1st parties gain more performance because 3rd parties will still be using DX11 until their tools are upgraded, which would take a while since they won't see the benefit of doing it.

Did it hurt pulling all that out of your a**? If you code you know that can't be the case, you're claiming that directx11 doesn't support multithreading? Haha. Nobody but the developers of DirectX12 will know the changes exactly.
---
gt: For Spartaa