Ms should accelerate roll out of the cloud

#1sanas_thirituPosted 6/17/2014 11:34:15 PM
Looking at the sales figures now, it's high time. Ps4 is selling simply because people think it's more powerful. The cloud will show them otherwise.
On topic.. what is the status of the cloud anyway? When will we get it approximately?
---
Evolution is false. Men did not evolve from monkeys. I didn't anyway.
#2dctavernierPosted 6/17/2014 11:36:41 PM(edited)
I think Forza and some other games already use it.

It's just not that powerful... at least not yet...
#3ZeroShot101Posted 6/17/2014 11:37:15 PM
Cloud power is technically going to be pretty useless until 3-5 years down the road
#4EnclavePosted 6/18/2014 12:25:31 AM
Microsoft has even said that the improvement won't be big, yeesh stop grasping at straws people. A console doesn't need to be the most powerful and best looking in order to still be fun.

If having the best looking games is THAT important to you? Sell your Xbone and buy a PS4.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#5sanas_thiritu(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2014 1:00:02 AM
ZeroShot101 posted...
Cloud power is technically going to be pretty useless until 3-5 years down the road

That's why they need to accelerate all that. Make it happen now. When the xbox one starts playing games at a much higher resolution, sales will automatically follow.
---
Evolution is false. Men did not evolve from monkeys. I didn't anyway.
#6daniel79Posted 6/18/2014 1:08:38 AM
I thought Microsoft did a 180 on the console being 'always online'

Now people want it back just to have this 'amazing' super powerful pipe dream?

..Be careful what you wish for eh. You may come to hate it.
#7Garage_ManPosted 6/18/2014 1:35:28 AM
sanas_thiritu posted...
ZeroShot101 posted...

That's why they need to accelerate all that. Make it happen now. When the xbox one starts playing games at a much higher resolution, sales will automatically follow.

You you want MS to pay Charter 50k to run a line to my house so I can have good internet?

How do I know it's 50k? I've called and asked lol. 3MB att blows.
#8CapwnDPosted 6/18/2014 1:44:22 AM
The TC is trolling.

And regarding the TC's sig... no. You didn't evolve from monkeys. But there's always next year, perhaps you'll grow up more by then.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
#9Evel138Posted 6/18/2014 1:45:08 AM
PS4 is selling because its been $100 cheaper. Historically speaking, there are several examples of the least "powerful" system going on to sell the most....not least of which was the PlayStation 2.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 The Badguy
PS4360One
#10Styrof0amPosted 6/18/2014 2:05:00 AM
sanas_thiritu posted...
Looking at the sales figures now, it's high time. Ps4 is selling simply because people think it's more powerful. The cloud will show them otherwise.
On topic.. what is the status of the cloud anyway? When will we get it approximately?

Sony is getting ready for the first beta tests (in England and Canada), and later in the year, they'll stream games to select Sony TVs.

MS, so far, has only used it for multiplayer AI (TF) and Drivatars (Forza5), although they have done a simple demo of it calculating building destructions (to be used in Crackdown late next year).

I believe nintendo announced some sort of gamecloud at E3, but since i don't follow Nintendo news, it might not have anything to do with cloud computing at all.

That's it for now.

Sources:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxHdUDhOMyw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCJ5x_kMH24

---

No commentary. No advertisements. Gameplay only ... http://www.youtube.com/user/kyllingefod