Realistically - can u tell the difference between 900p and 1080p?

#141Mr_Fury32Posted 6/20/2014 10:55:09 AM
MJFJD posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
MJFJD posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
What specifically would u look for? What do u look for in an extra 100p? To me it seems appalling close to be able to tell

You look at very small details such as writing on a sign or hair or rope. It will not be a huge difference but you should be able to determine which is higher.

Judging by your answer it seems more like your imagination..

No reason to try and discredit me. I have stated many times that the resolution differences are not big. But if you examine them closely you should be able to determine which one is which.

so you sit nose-screen then? why do you care if it is small you would not notice it a a normal distance?
---
WANTED: DEFIANCE AND RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS PS3 players
System ID's :PSN ID: Auron-32, Xbox LIVE: AzzTheStickman. I'm in the U.K. so thats 0GMT
#142Ramsus082Posted 6/20/2014 10:58:08 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#143SoulTrapperPosted 6/20/2014 11:44:29 AM
leathelj posted...

I can prop scavage the internet for links and such but I'm not. Just useing common sense and almost 20 years of gameing I guess. Just agree to disagree not gonna fight with you I know what I want and like in my games no reason to force a OPNION. idk what your trying to justify but keep on fighting I was just answering the op. I stand by what I said most ppl can't see it and even more ppl just don't care I just think ppl want good games to play. Idk what's wrong with this gen but I just hope this res wars dies some day and ppl get back to haveing fun not being pixel counting warriors I feel like my gen of gamers has died or just stay quiet.

Of course you're not gonna "fight with me", because you're wrong: most people CAN see the difference between 900p and 1080p.
If they couldn't, why do devs bother making 1080p games?
If they couldn't, why would people buy 1080p TVs?
If they couldn't, why does even Microsoft themselves bother making 1080p webcams?

Your "generation of gamers" is no different than that of any other generation, nothing has changed in the "console wars" ever since they first started.
Even back in the early 90's people argued over resolution.
#144leatheljPosted 6/20/2014 3:13:15 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
leathelj posted...

I can prop scavage the internet for links and such but I'm not. Just useing common sense and almost 20 years of gameing I guess. Just agree to disagree not gonna fight with you I know what I want and like in my games no reason to force a OPNION. idk what your trying to justify but keep on fighting I was just answering the op. I stand by what I said most ppl can't see it and even more ppl just don't care I just think ppl want good games to play. Idk what's wrong with this gen but I just hope this res wars dies some day and ppl get back to haveing fun not being pixel counting warriors I feel like my gen of gamers has died or just stay quiet.

Of course you're not gonna "fight with me", because you're wrong: most people CAN see the difference between 900p and 1080p.
If they couldn't, why does even Microsoft themselves bother making 1080p webcams?

Your "generation of gamers" is no different than that of any other generation, nothing has changed in the "console wars" ever since they first started.
Even back in the early 90's people argued over resolution.

Because it's this generation buzzword type of thing and devs do what gamers want. Like I said res is important but not much to me and I think most ppl also but those who follow gameing have to be pleased the hardcore I guess cause even tho there the minority they have the biggest voice. Many ps fanboys and troll In general have been dissing ms for 1080p etc ms sees this and it ruins there rep cause like I said there the most vocal so they try to fix it. You can count res and fps above everything elese make it your way you judge and decide games make it your end all be all but not every gamers thinks that way those who do keep silent or are a minority. Agian I hope this pixel counting war ends some day but by all means get your fill and keep on fighting this is what your generation does I accept that. Agian not saying fps and res are not important but it's gotton way overblown way out of hand way overrated IMHO but that's just what I think.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#145MJFJDPosted 6/20/2014 3:23:50 PM
Mr_Fury32 posted...
MJFJD posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
MJFJD posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
What specifically would u look for? What do u look for in an extra 100p? To me it seems appalling close to be able to tell

You look at very small details such as writing on a sign or hair or rope. It will not be a huge difference but you should be able to determine which is higher.

Judging by your answer it seems more like your imagination..

No reason to try and discredit me. I have stated many times that the resolution differences are not big. But if you examine them closely you should be able to determine which one is which.

so you sit nose-screen then? why do you care if it is small you would not notice it a a normal distance?

If you read all of my posts you would see that I don't care. His original question was if someone could tell looking at two images next to each other. Just because you can tell does not mean it is something worth noticing.
#146Skill4ReelPosted 6/20/2014 3:40:34 PM
I probably could if I tried, but I still wouldn't care.
#147SabramPosted 6/20/2014 3:46:56 PM
I'm not 100% sure i can tell the difference between 1080p and 900p, but i can sure as hell see the difference of 900p and 720p, which is a smaller gap in pixel density. By that i would guess i can tell the difference on 1080p and 900p.
---
Dark Souls 2 + Dragon's Crown crossover game needs to happen.
PSN: Sabram - NNID: Sabram - Gamertag: Sabram
#148PublicAnimal9Posted 6/20/2014 4:47:29 PM
SoulTrapper posted...

Actually devs don't target 1080p. Most X1 games are 900p or lower. The PS4 has more 1080p games, but that's only because the X1 is the lead platform. When porting from X1 to the slightly more powerful PS4, increasing the resolution to 1080p is simply the easiest way to take advantage of the extra hardware power.

If PS4 developers target 900p rather than 1080p, then the extra available power can be used to increase texture detail, polygon count, framerate, quality of lighting and so on. The result would be a better looking game.

Unfortunately thanks to people like you, we may end up with worse looking games this gen than necessary. Developers are scared of releasing sub 1080p games due to the possible bad PR:

"We will hit 900p no problem. We’d like to get it up to 1080p on Xbox One. That’s our goal. Microsoft and Sony say 900p is the sweet spot, and there's not a lot of difference visually between 900p and 1080p, but it's a hot topic now. So that's what my goal is."
- John Mamais, executive producer on The Witcher 3.
#149chex81Posted 6/20/2014 5:08:06 PM
Honestly I cannot, but I game on a 50" plasma 1080p sitting around 15 ft away. As long as its 720p it looks great.
---
XB1/WiiU: chex81
soundcloud.com/purple_i
#150swatkiller546Posted 6/20/2014 5:25:40 PM
not really, BF4 on Xbox One looks really good on my 42 inch. One time I was playing Dark Souls 2 on 1367x768 Resolution and I thought I was playing it on 1080p.. I'm not really picky as long as it looks decent It's all good to me.
---
"I am going to blow out your candles!"