What's the general consensus with Titanfall around here?

#1IceHuskyPosted 6/19/2014 9:47:39 AM
So I just picked this game up yesterday and after putting in a couple of hours into the game, I am not feeling the game at all. I feel that TitanFall is yet another game that fell victim to intense marketing and hype, but failed to deliver a quality experience.

I think what hurts this game for me is the fact that there is no real campaign to speak of. The multiplayer campaign is just meh, especially since I really could careless about multiplayer portions of games like this. I just find dying over-and-over again is just not fun and I am not getting any sense of satisfaction from how awesome this game should be. Also, I swear I cannot last more than 10 seconds in the mechs because I just get obliterated, which takes away from the sheer awesomenss in how they should be and were hyped up to be. The concept of this game is cool with the mechs and all, but I just feel I am not having any real fun with the game. Fortunately, I bought it used, so I am going to return it today. I guess I will just stick with CoD: Ghosts and Forza 5 for awhile. :)
---
Current Consoles: Xbox One, PS3, SNES, Genesis, Neo Geo Gold X
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
#2darkshadowmasterPosted 6/19/2014 9:48:41 AM
Fun in spurts.

Gets old quickly though, but fun for a few matches.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#3_Doomguy_Posted 6/19/2014 9:50:05 AM
The game was fine at launch but you know, developers try to "fix" stuff that is "broken" and it messes up the whole game. Same thing happened to Gears of War 2.
#4slowdog76Posted 6/19/2014 9:50:54 AM
darkshadowmaster posted...
Fun in spurts.

---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#5CyDetrakDPosted 6/19/2014 9:52:28 AM
I enjoy the game with friends on both 360 and the Xb1 but you just have to focus on human opponents not just bots. Its good for quick pick up and play when you don't have enough time to really devote to gaming.
---
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!
#6MRL3G3NDPosted 6/19/2014 9:54:48 AM
played it to death for 3 weeks...haven't picked it back up in 2 months.
I forgot I had it lol

It's just shallow as hell
after you rank up to 50 theres nothing left to do but do it again...

I've had bf4 since launch and I still have a ton of things to unlock
---
The Rolling Stones vs BF4
http://youtu.be/DtySF3ZJBjc
#7ace_two_maxPosted 6/19/2014 9:55:00 AM
You can call it TitanFail or TitanFlop.
---
You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and plead for your freedom, and your telling me your completely sane?!
#8grampamurkedPosted 6/19/2014 9:57:42 AM
Game is fun but I hardly ever play it.
---
Xbox GT: Grampa Murked U Steam ID: grampamurkedu PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU
#9IceHusky(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2014 9:58:27 AM
I am just hoping that TitanFall 2 will have a real campaign so I can get the feel of how these mechs are really supposed to be, because I can imagine how much fun it would be to use them in certain single player scenarios; as well as having them tag along with you when they are in A.I. mode. I also love the wall running and double jumping in this game too, as it adds a certain deepness to add for more playability and flexibility on how you want to approach certain situations. Too bad the game is just so dang boring to play. lol
---
Current Consoles: Xbox One, PS3, SNES, Genesis, Neo Geo Gold X
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
#10spacejamjordanzPosted 6/19/2014 10:00:32 AM
darkshadowmaster posted...
Fun in spurts.

This. I played it again on Monday, and was done after only three matches.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138