What's the general consensus with Titanfall around here?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What's the general consensus with Titanfall around here?
11 months ago#11
While the game mechanics are very nice and slick and familiar, the game just lacks the content that it needed to be the killer ap the MS wanted it to be. It lacks weapons, game modes, or just any reason to keep playing it after you prestige. Not even a campaign, co-op or horde mode.

Not a bad game, but rather shallow.
---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, Dark Souls 1&2, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
11 months ago#12
Game was wicked fun but in the end...I still haven't got better at FPS MP games since Gears so due to my own ineptitude I have decided to avoid all these types of games in the future. Just not good enough to make it a pleasurable gaming experience.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
11 months ago#13
Amazing game. Best FPS I've ever played. I'm sad that I don't play it everyday anymore because I'm trying to lay the smack down on my backlog.
---
Always O.G.
11 months ago#14
slowdog76 posted...
darkshadowmaster posted...
Fun in spurts.

Gets old quickly though, but fun for a few matches.

Couldn't agree more. When this first came out I had played Battlefield absolutely to death so I was ready for that breath of fresh air. The gameplay is fun as hell but it's so limited in it's content that there is only so much to do before you're repeating it over and over...
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
11 months ago#15
As with most multiplayer games it's fun in 1-2 hour spurts a few times a week.
11 months ago#16
There must be schools dedicated to teaching the younger generation FPS mechanics, because I can't win matches in FPS anymore :(
---
Console Warrior of the month: billsfann01, for an alt attempt gone wrong
http://imgur.com/PVAomh7
11 months ago#17
lunchbox2042 posted...

Halo 2 is a 6-8 hour spurt kind of game.
---
11 months ago#18
Ramsus082 posted...
There must be schools dedicated to teaching the younger generation FPS mechanics, because I can't win matches in FPS anymore :(

Levelcap is ruining it for everyone!
---
11 months ago#19
lunchbox2042 posted...

I'd say that's fair. It's not a game for everyone, and no 1 FPS ever will be. But for the niche it hits, it satisfies my FPS needs quite well. I love TF, but I'm not delusional enough to believe that should be true for everyone. I play it in about 2 hour spurts a few times a week, that's all I can afford these days as a gamer. People who do marathons will probably find their time spent better in a whole different genre of game, like RPGs.
11 months ago#20
It's fun in spurts like others said, it rarely steals time away from BF4 though.
---
Rawr!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What's the general consensus with Titanfall around here?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived