Doom 4 Monster Idea. Also can we have a Doom 4 board please?

#1SpookTrancePosted 6/19/2014 10:32:29 AM
Looks enough like DoomVerse. Wish they would add this guy as a special add in or guest appearance or something

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120421230511/avp/images/7/7e/417505-Alien_newborn_3.jpg

http://nonamemovieblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/resurrrection-hybrid.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a277/lovegunner/AVP/dumb5.jpg
#2SabramPosted 6/19/2014 10:34:10 AM
Doom is not based on Alien, nor does it take influence from the movies. I would rather see Doom continue to be its own thing rather than try and shoehorn references to dated sci-fi movies. (The newest ones arent that dated, but they're not that good either)
---
Dark Souls 2 + Dragon's Crown crossover game needs to happen.
PSN: Sabram - NNID: Sabram - Gamertag: Sabram
#3Sniper_BrosefPosted 6/19/2014 10:40:41 AM
Doesn't Doom involve Hell and demons rather than space aliens?
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#4SpookTrance(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2014 10:46:03 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...

Doom3 references a terrestrial civilation which we descended from constantly through out the entire game
#5_Doomguy_Posted 6/19/2014 10:46:30 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...

Humans were experimenting with traveling to other dimensions when suddenly something goes wrong and creatures from hell start invading our dimension.
#6Sniper_BrosefPosted 6/19/2014 10:48:50 AM
_Doomguy_ posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...

Humans were experimenting with traveling to other dimensions when suddenly something goes wrong and creatures from hell start invading our dimension.

You would know eh Doom guy?
---
#7_Doomguy_Posted 6/19/2014 10:51:04 AM
Sabram posted...
Doom is not based on Alien, nor does it take influence from the movies. I would rather see Doom continue to be its own thing rather than try and shoehorn references to dated sci-fi movies. (The newest ones arent that dated, but they're not that good either)

iD Software wanted to make an Alien(s) game but they didn't wanted to go through all that trouble just to make a game. So they created their own game instead.
#8_Doomguy_Posted 6/19/2014 10:52:06 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
_Doomguy_ posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...

You would know eh Doom guy?

Can you just get me out of this hell hole? Please?
#9Sniper_BrosefPosted 6/19/2014 10:54:45 AM
_Doomguy_ posted...

Can you just get me out of this hell hole? Please?

I have confidence that you can get yourself out. Besides, you're the type of protagonist that goes in with a team and comes out alone...
---
#10SabramPosted 6/19/2014 10:57:54 AM
_Doomguy_ posted...
Sabram posted...

iD Software wanted to make an Alien(s) game but they didn't wanted to go through all that trouble just to make a game. So they created their own game instead.

Source? Also according to the Doom books, the "demons" are creations of a more evolved race that made them in the images of humanity's greatest fears, in order to facilitate conquest over them more easily, which they had mostly succeeded at by the end of the second book. Admittedly it's after the second book that things stop feeling like Doom in the series and more like a bad sci-fi series, eventually with the main character (the Doom Guy) turning into basically a religious nut who starts beating humans possessed by the aliens by converting them, and not wanting to kill them anymore.

The first 2 books were fantastic for the series, and draw a lot of parallels to the games. Heck the descriptions of environments in some games are so good that i could even recognize what level they were on and WHERE in the level they were at that point in the book. It isnt a TERRIBLE read, and if you're a big fan of the series i would recommend picking up at least the first two books, though maybe not the last two unless you want to see how Doom "really" ended.
---
Dark Souls 2 + Dragon's Crown crossover game needs to happen.
PSN: Sabram - NNID: Sabram - Gamertag: Sabram