Crytek is in financial trouble. RYSE development was a disaster

#21old_school227Posted 6/21/2014 7:19:47 PM
Good, maybe someone will actually use that timesplitters license.
---
It's free to play after you buy it. That's F2P genius. ~ Brutal_Felix
#22TheGam3925Posted 6/21/2014 7:21:18 PM
Their biggest mistake was thinking they could make a good Kinect game, and sacrificed a lot of time and money in the process. And now we are stuck with a sub par QTE fest.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/ryse-son-of-rome
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#23shawnmckPosted 6/21/2014 7:28:24 PM(edited)
That's what they get for putting all their eggs in one basket (betting solely on XBOne).
They should've made Ryse multi-platform (XBO/PS4/PC).
#24OpheliaAdenadePosted 6/21/2014 7:27:26 PM
TheGam3925 posted...
Their biggest mistake was thinking they could make a good Kinect game, and sacrificed a lot of time and money in the process. And now we are stuck with a sub par QTE fest.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/ryse-son-of-rome

Pretty much.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#25JusticeSwordPosted 6/21/2014 7:31:46 PM
Damn I always wanted to play a CRYengine RPG too...
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#26ilovecarebearsPosted 6/21/2014 7:39:02 PM
JusticeSword posted...
Damn I always wanted to play a CRYengine RPG too...

I think NC soft made an mmo with it but that's cop royally not what you mean
#27flame030191Posted 6/21/2014 7:47:46 PM
shawnmck posted...
That's what they get for putting all their eggs in one basket (betting solely on XBOne).
They should've made Ryse multi-platform (XBO/PS4/PC).

The game would've played worse and have less content then on every platform, making three very bad games instead of one mediocre one.
---
PSN: armyflame XBL: That Guy Flame
www.facebook.com/ThatGuyGaming91
#28EternalWolfPosted 6/21/2014 7:54:46 PM
Jedi454 posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Neogaf link posted as the source, nothing to see here folks.

Oh, now you're back to hating Neogaf. It changes every week, so you'll forgive me for losing track.

What are you talking about? I've never thought a biased forums site would have credible information.

Sure you arent just mad at NeoGaf for leaking every major Xbox One hardware and software announcement of 2014 way back in January?
#29EternalWolfPosted 6/21/2014 8:00:09 PM
They have an all profit, no loss title in TimeSplitters Trilogy running on CryEngine and yet they refuse to take the month or two it would take to get it out the door. The engine is complete, all the content for the game is complete and yet they refuse to release it.

Then again, releasing a widely loved FPS game with a Map Editor has become heresy in this era of gaming.
#30flame030191Posted 6/21/2014 8:01:21 PM
EternalWolf posted...
Jedi454 posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Neogaf link posted as the source, nothing to see here folks.

Oh, now you're back to hating Neogaf. It changes every week, so you'll forgive me for losing track.

What are you talking about? I've never thought a biased forums site would have credible information.

Sure you arent just mad at NeoGaf for leaking every major Xbox One hardware and software announcement of 2014 way back in January?

Not necessarily.

They reported a $400 disc drive less X1 to release in Nov. that didn't happen.

They reported Halo HD would include the first three games' single player, and only 2's MP. Halo: Master Chief Collection includes the main 4 games' campaigns and a combination of all four multiplayer experiences with every map from the series.

They reported an X1 exclusive Forza Horizon 2. The game is indeed multiplatform with the 360 version being cheaper.

I know there was a lot more that they reported and got wrong, but those are the ones that stuck out. Essentially they took rumors that were already flying around and put their own spin on it as an "insider's report" and everyone believed every single word they said.
---
PSN: armyflame XBL: That Guy Flame
www.facebook.com/ThatGuyGaming91